2024 NFL Changes

Bolts on the shoulders. 

Just blows my mind that nobody in the entire process thought “umm maybe we shouldn’t take a design element from our biggest rival.” Like how?

I know it’s supposed to be a mountain. But it only comes across as a mountain on the blue jersey, with the white snow on top. Should’ve kept the white on top on the orange jersey too. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

And just like that, the new uniforms were made obsolete.

This feels very much like a Jets situation.  They'll drop these crap-ass new unis and go with the old school look asap.

• Like 9
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I wonder if anyone is going to make the reveal videos a drinking game, like everytime a Ford Bronco is on screen, take a shot, anytime a horse is shown, take a shot.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

As someone who didn't grow up in the Orange Crush Broncos era (Second Elway Super Bowl was my first year tangentially watching football), I don't like it. Broncos, to me, are a navy, then orange team. Not saying it's bad just that I don't like it. But then again, I rarely have to watch the Broncos, so it's not a big deal. The uniform itself is ok! Aside from the forced lame thing happening in the numbers.

Just a couple of things as a Broncos fan myself:

-They are gimmicky, but they aren't as bad as I once thought they might have been. That doesn't mean they will age well though. The amount of triangles present on the uniform makes my head spin, and it's all for some over-explained Nike garbage.

-I would have loved to have seen some orange pants here. It would have made some of these combos pop. Looks they do have orange pants, the only popped up briefly in the video.

-The rather plain helmets feel out of place. A simple tapered stripe over the top would have worked wonders here.

-Yes, I know Denver is located 5280 feet above sea level. No, I didn't need it posted on the pants where no one will see it AND the front of the helmet.

-As a smaller nitpick, the flat finish on the navy helmet drags a lot of the look down. I already miss the gloss/metallic shade it used to be.

On the plus side, I do think the mountain design on the sleeves was executed well. A shame it's surrounded by some elements that don't work to enhance it in any way.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Just now, SSmith48 said:

Yes, I know Denver is located 5280 feet above sea level. No, I didn't need it posted on the pants where no one will see it AND the front of the helmet.

I feel like that 5280 is something that fits a college team, not a NFL team. On the pants is fine, but the bumpers should say either Denver or Broncos. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

31 minutes ago, henburg said:

This striping is awful, such a huge downgrade. The only team that has pulled this style off is the originator, the Seahawks, and watching the Saints and now Broncos try to emulate it is sad. Its placement really reminds me of a rat tail too.

The Broncos logo is also so perfect for the navy shell and trying to shoehorn it onto a white shell for no reason is baffling to me.

The Seahawks helmet works because it just creates a subtle two tone pattern. The Saints and Broncos put small icons on a contrasting background. From far away it just turns into a weird off color like brown or in the Broncos case, peach colored stripe. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Our lord & savior gets it.

Not every uniform has to be a throwback, but it's not too much to ask for them to not look like trash.

It is possible to design a new uniform that looks classic, yet modern. It has happened before.

Not in Denver, unfortunately.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

7 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

I wonder if anyone is going to make the reveal videos a drinking game, like everytime a Ford Bronco is on screen, take a shot, anytime a horse is shown, take a shot.

Are you trying to kill people?

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

25 minutes ago, 29texan said:

The socks should be the least of their worries. 

Disagree. Socks can make or break a set in my eyes. Good pants/socks combos (i.e. not leggings) can save an otherwise boring or ugly set, while monochrome and leggings can ruin a good set (not sure I'd call this set good, but it'd be better with contrasting socks). Unfortunately, the latter situation is far more common nowadays.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Just now, Echo said:

Are you trying to kill people?

No, but I'm definitely not saying when I get home tonight I'm going to try it out and see what happens.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

When it comes to grey facemasks, that was just the original color of the material from the manufacturer, kind of like how we don't count the silver from the chinstrap buckles.

That changed when the first colored masks became available and teams could opt to move away from factory grey.

The Cardinals in 2023 are the first instance I've seen of a team trying to retroactively add that facemask color to their overall scheme (admittedly they switched the facemask color to silver from grey to pull that off).

I'm not necessarily saying that gray facemasks should count as a team color, I just think you'd be unwise not to consider that idea that a team might decide to claim it as an excuse to add gray to the uniform.  The colts built an entire black uniform (poorly) by changing the Nike swooshes on the white jersey only to black. Speaking of the Colts, in an awesome troll job, they made "Facemask Gray" one of their official colors... I like to fantasize specifically to mess with the people on the site who cry like babies every time there's a gray mask when there's no other gray in the color scheme (here you go, whiners... "Facemask Gray" as an official color).

I don't want to see this supposed Vikings' alt, because it will suck, but I have no doubt that NFL teams will gladly break any "rules" they want and bend the language to make it happen.  As usual.

• Like 2
  • Eyeroll 3

I feel like it's an improvement, but not as much as it may seem. 

Pros:

Finally got rid of the stripes they had

Colors are more balanced, and it pops better

Pants are more interchangeable

Cons:

Way too reliant on the mountain imagery, like everything about this uniform has something to do with a mountain

Triangles triangles triangles!!!
Stripes could be a little better

Overall, I like the change, but I don't think it moves up too many spots in the uniform ranking. It's an improvement to offer more traditional stripe placement compared to the dated 90's design, but the new stripes are a little clunky. Changes were made in the name of "mountains and peaks" and some of them look a lot better than others. Also don't know why the white helmet was paired with the navy jersey; if I had to guess, they'll wear white/navy/white once, all-navy, and the throwback. in the end, this uniform does not seem to be enough to put it over most of the uniforms it was behind, but it's still a nice change.

• Like 6

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

1 minute ago, chriscj1983 said:

Not every uniform has to be a throwback, but it's not too much to ask for them to not look like trash.

It is possible to design a new uniform that looks classic, yet modern. It has happened before.

Not in Denver, unfortunately.

I’d argue that Denver took inspiration from their 1966 uniforms for this set. Whether or not they want to admit that is on them and forever a secret. 

• Like 5