2024 NFL Changes

2 hours ago, JayMac said:

The Eagles look has been dated for about 10-15 years. They really need an update.

How so, do you think? And what's your idea of an update?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

26 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Don’t see what the big deal is with the UH jerseys. Iowa has worn the Steelers uniforms forever. 

The Hawkeyes sought, and received, permission from the Steelers. This is the difference. 

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, tBBP said:

How so, do you think? And what's your idea of an update?

IMO, the midnight green has not aged well. It reminds me of the late 90s when teams were darkening its colors. It also does not work with black at all. Perhaps the most dated part of the uniform is the name and number font. 

• Like 3

Just now, JayMac said:

IMO, the midnight green has not aged well. It reminds me of the late 90s when teams were darkening its colors. It also does not work with black at all. Perhaps the most dated part of the uniform is the name and number font. 

So a new number font and a brighter green?

I see where you're coming from in regards to the green and black not contrasting enough, but I don't really feel that makes the uniform "dated". Its a pretty classic, simple design. If they were to update the number font I would like to see something in the same vein, maybe with the drop shadow removed. 

Overall though I would put other teams ahead of them in the most dated categories. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

I don't know about sales for U-H, but if the NFL did nothing, how many other college teams may try to do something like this? One imitator may not be a problem, but the potential for cumulative damage may be worth taking action.

That said, I agree that shutting everything down may be excessive. The Iowa Hawkeyes have been using Steelers look-alike uniforms for decades, so there may be a middle ground somewhere.

hell, Washington even did that designing theirs after the 49ers.

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Why they didn’t come out with a new number font to match is beyond me.

And I say that knowing the monkey paw could make it awful.

Just adds some disjointed flair now to the dated look

Yea I'd love a number font like that.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

10 hours ago, Chromatic said:

So a new number font and a brighter green?

I see where you're coming from in regards to the green and black not contrasting enough, but I don't really feel that makes the uniform "dated". Its a pretty classic, simple design. If they were to update the number font I would like to see something in the same vein, maybe with the drop shadow removed. 

Overall though I would put other teams ahead of them in the most dated categories. 

I have long wondered if an Eagles set could work based around Kelly green as the dominant color with midnight green and silver as accent colors. Get rid of black all together. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

20 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

I don't know about sales for U-H, but if the NFL did nothing, how many other college teams may try to do something like this? One imitator may not be a problem, but the potential for cumulative damage may be worth taking action.

That said, I agree that shutting everything down may be excessive. The Iowa Hawkeyes have been using Steelers look-alike uniforms for decades, so there may be a middle ground somewhere.

Trademark law isn't like copyright where you retain the right no matter if you choose to defend it or not. Under US trademark law you are required to vigorously protect your trademark or you lose the right to challenge in the future. That itself can lead to the loss of the trademark and/or total genericization of the mark.

• Like 6

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

2 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

I have long wondered if an Eagles set could work based around Kelly green as the dominant color with midnight green and silver as accent colors. Get rid of black all together. 

Or midnight green and silver, with black being demoted to accent color/fire-emoji alt, and the ‘90s look as a permanent twice-a-year throwback. 

Really what they need is contrast. Having the main two colors not contrast well is bad design. When they’re both dark colors it’s also bland and depressing. And the stupid white socks aren’t enough to lighten the look much; they simply make the whole outfit look amateurish. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Having the main two colors not contrast well is bad design

I'm not sure that's always true.

I'm still holding my breath for silver helmets (either throwback wings in solid midnight green, or midnight green trimmed in black, or the current wings but with midnight green swapped in for the silver), midnight green jerseys, and shiny silver pants.  With or without black.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Eagles never needed to add the charcoal. It just muddies things up.

I always hated the original midnight green as a color. It's a little better since Nike took over since it's on the bluer side. But that's probably they're color as long as Lurie is around. They'll just double dip with the kelly alts.

3 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

What’s this? I know it’s the new Broncos set, but is there a significance to the specific combos?

Just a different look at them. I also omitted the part where the Broncos keep jamming it down our throats that this is the “Mile High Collection”

7 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Just a different look at them. I also omitted the part where the Broncos keep jamming it down our throats that this is the “Mile High Collection”

Any idea what's on the socks? Considering that portion of the socks will be inside the cleats, I don't know why anything would be on them.

1 minute ago, rfraser85 said:

Any idea what's on the socks? Considering that portion of the socks will be inside the cleats, I don't know why anything would be on them.

It’s just the standard design of the socks. Nothing significant.

3 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

It’s just the standard design of the socks. Nothing significant.

Thanks, I've never seen that before. Every graphic I've seen has the feet of the socks as solid white.