2024 NFL Changes

32 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Absolutely did not need these. 

Why not a gold shell to go with the teal? White helmets do not fit the Jaguars. It works on Tennessee Titans, Buffalo Bills, NY Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cleveland Browns, Arizona Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots, Los Angeles Chargers, and the Philadelphia Eagles (if they want to venture in 1968-1973). Jaguars, NOPE!!! Absolutely not!

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

Y'all, this gets worse...

lsbr2jj.jpeg

f9bwX2X.jpeg

QpLGpkP.jpeg

WLEMISs.jpeg

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9522eri4d0pzfttsfqtne

Also, "shell white"? this recent trend of forcing nicknames onto new uniforms really needs to stop.

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

6 hours ago, ruttep said:

My main problem with the current guardian cap policy is that they clearly look different than helmets without the cap, even with the cover that's meant to mimic the helmet design. There needs to be some consistency: Either no one should wear them, or everyone should.

I vote no one.

• LOL 1

34 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Y'all, this gets worse...

lsbr2jj.jpeg

Also, "shell white"? this recent trend of forcing nicknames onto new uniforms really needs to stop.

I don't hate this (though I agree the name is superfluous). I initially thought "Oh this could be fun if it was paired with the teal jerseys, white pants, and teal socks." And then I remembered the Dolphins exist, in the same state no less. Ha. (Yes, yes, I know teal and aqua are two different colors, etc. etc.) All of that led me to wonder: Are they required to wear these with one of their three jerseys, since it's an alternate helmet? I can't remember if there are rules about that or what they are.

• Like 3

WHFWHS 

College football's alternate helmet disease has broken contain and reached the NFL. That doesn't look bad for the Jaguars, but it looks worse than their black helmets and is unnecessary. This is why I never had a problem with the one helmet rule. It protected teams from themselves. 

• Like 11

PvO6ZWJ.png

12 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Also, now all three Florida teams have a white helmet, for some reason.

The Bucs is only throwbacks, and Miami has always had white.  At least those two have some precedence.

Jacksonville......ugh.

Just a quick reminder that a few years ago, when every other post referred to the NFL’s “ridiculous one helmet policy” and moaned about not have cool throwbacks, I predicted every single bit of this.  I predicted non-throwback alt helmets , I predicted traditional teams like the Packers jumping in, I predicted a third helmet option.  All of it.  

The only thing I got wrong was that I thought it would take maybe four years.  

And I was called “grumpy” (true) and “old” (umm… also true).  So now I’d like to be called “grumpy, old, and absolutely correct”.  

• Like 15
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Yawn 1

21 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

I don't hate this (though I agree the name is superfluous). I initially thought "Oh this could be fun if it was paired with the teal jerseys, white pants, and teal socks." And then I remembered the Dolphins exist, in the same state no less. Ha. (Yes, yes, I know teal and aqua are two different colors, etc. etc.) All of that led me to wonder: Are they required to wear these with one of their three jerseys, since it's an alternate helmet? I can't remember if there are rules about that or what they are.

The rule is that alternate helmets can only be worn with alternate jerseys. In this case, the Jaguars' white helmet can only be worn with the black jersey. It's ironic, the Jaguars did something to nullify the blackout uniform, and they're still getting complaints here.

I think the only thing the Jaguars could have done worse than this idea would be to switch the designations of the teal and black jerseys back to when this set debuted.

14 hours ago, ruttep said:

I'm all for player safety and appreciate the effort to better incorporate them into the uniform, but still this just feels like technology that isn't ready to see the field yet from the perspective of maintaining the professional aesthetic of the league. Looking forward to the future when they can achieve a much better balance of safety and aesthetic.

GTSI0upWcAAAkMk?format=jpg&name=medium

GTQK9uKXIAAQo95?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 2

spacer.png

8 hours ago, tBBP said:

If that's a teal helmet, it'll be alright. If that's a white helmet, I'm gonna throw things.

Start chucking stuff

• Like 3

It's where I sit.

On 7/23/2024 at 8:39 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Because video games are infallible.

Yeah, I realize I'm probably gonna see this crap this year. I'll keep hoping it doesn't happen.

From a beat writer Q&A:

Larry G: Will the Packers wear white helmets this year with their alternate uniforms?

Richard Ryman: Larry, the Packers' response is, "Plans for any alternate uniforms have yet to be announced, including alternate jerseys or for which games."

So, maybe.

It's where I sit.

5 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

Guess I’m in the minority, but as an alternate, I don’t mind that white Jags helmet at all. 

I’m somewhat okay with it under the stipulation that it gets worn with the black jersey/white pants/teal socks.

So that means we’ll be seeing it worn with all black

• Like 3

15 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

I dont understand the hate for the look by ownership. It is a look they wore up until the mid 80's and  it isnt like Virginia McCaskey hasn't seen them before.

At this point it's more George, who is the current Chair and a big uniform buff himself.

George if you have a burner account on here, Hi!

Tell Tony Medlin to go back to undershirts that match the jersey color rather than the pants. I know it gets rid of the skirt affect but have the jersey silhouette look like something out of the 50's as intended was so sweet during the Mitch years.

16 hours ago, ruttep said:

been an athletic trainer in high school sports for 24 years. There is no documented evidence that these guardian caps do anything for brain injuries. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again