24 MLB Season Thread

Gary

As if it wasn't tough enough that my Brewers gotta deal with the team who got their mojo from Ronald McDonald's purple pal...now we gotta deal with her:

Sorry, Mrs. Met-Tuah, but my mascot heartthrob will forever be Rosie Red.

cincinnati-oh-cincinnati-reds-mascot-ros

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

v40P3lq.png

I wanna see Mrs. Met "spittin' on that thang" (if Mr. Met has a thang, which is doubtful.)

Also it's known fact that as far as non-existent thangs go, Mrs. Met prefers the Phanatic's.

mrs_met.0.png

• LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, Burmy said:

cincinnati-oh-cincinnati-reds-mascot-ros

fun fact: when they first brought in Rosie Red in mascot form she had a ponytail.

FYTgBEKgbVV4hn0xuZxtW99tyDfVKxrASNIlvSz1

my facebook profile picture for a long time was a photo of Rosie Red giving me a kiss on the cheek. I will not be sharing it here. 

Years later my wife's friend dated a guy who used to play the Mr. Redlegs, Gapper, and Mr Red parts. I asked him if Rosie Red is always played by a woman and he answered as seriously as anyone has ever answered any question, "Yes. Always a woman in the Rosie costume."

• Like 3

PvO6ZWJ.png

14 hours ago, Burmy said:

As if it wasn't tough enough that my Brewers gotta deal with the team who got their mojo from Ronald McDonald's purple pal...now we gotta deal with her:

I know this is deeply unimportant, but I'd never noticed the unusual way that she spells Haliey.

It's like the lowest possible rent version of it taking me until about 2013 to notice that it was Dwyane Wade.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

16 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Tell me about it. :(

This is why I say the 2010s were a turning point because this stuff started to be universally condemned that decade, and careers over for it

Edit: I should have also put this quote along with it for context

16 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Unfortunately, the underage girls thing was more common than anyone should have been comfortable with back then.

Edited by TrueYankee26

Also funny how my thoughts went for AJ Hinch. Hated that the Diamondbacks hired him as a Manager with nothing but front office experience. Thought it was a joke when the Astros hired him. But over the last 9 years from the Astros to the Tigers. I started to respect and love the job he’s doing. Especially to a young team that the Astros had years ago, and the Tigers have now. Plus ever since the Tigers hired Hinch the Tigers have played .500 ball. I hope that the Tigers get to the World Series. I know in my lifetime they have been there three times and would love to see number 4 and win their second championship in my life. Onto the Guardians where I know it’ll be a good series. But gotta beat your rivals to get the chip. Then so be it. Let’s Go Tigers!