2024 NFL Changes

It's that time of the year everyone! Another year of uniform speculation, teases and announcements is about to be upon us. Based on what's been announced and stated, we should be having three uniform changes upon us this spring.

• The Houston Texans
  • The Detroit Lions

and...

• The Denver Broncos

The New York Jets have also reached the end of the "five-year rule" and are now also eligible for a redesign, but there's been no word on if that's gonna happen. And it also sadly appears that the Tennessee Titans won't be changing, entering year SEVEN with their hideous clownsuits.

• Like 8

da0Lbhs.png

WISHLIST:

• the Falcons to bring back the Bartkowski era red/silver/black uniforms. Those were sexy AF. 
  • Vikings white facemask
  • Patriots ditch the blueberry home
  • More teams rock their 90's throwbacks. 

• Like 2

My wishlist:

-Panthers get rid of their silver helmets and go with the black as the main. Since they haven't worn the silver pants, I think it's time for the helmets to go (IMO)

-Denver goes with their color rush jersey design for their uniforms

-More teal for the Jaguars

-The Lions get rid of the WCF patch on their new uniforms. Never liked the permanent memorials in uniforms.

-Praying the Texans don't go crazy with their uniforms

- How about the Dolphins going with their throwback uniforms full time??

Obviously, Texans and Lions are happening, but I would like to see these other changes happen.

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Now with new ownership terminating the 5 year rule, I wish we had news on a Commanders uniform change. Unfortunately, I don’t see anything happening until 2025.

Even then, that would reach the end of the original duration. So not exactly a win people would think it is.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Now with new ownership terminating the 5 year rule, I wish we had news on a Commanders uniform change. Unfortunately, I don’t see anything happening until 2025.

Even then, that would reach the end of the original duration. So not exactly a win people would think it is.

This would be a perfect year for a new set. Change coaches, changes uniforms and move past the craziness that this franchise has gone through recently

• Like 3

Still More Info on Houston Texans’ Upcoming Uniforms Emerges

UniWatch reported:

"Last week I wrote about how we were starting to learn more about the Texans’ upcoming 2024 uni redesign. The main things in that first wave of info were the following:

• The team will have four new uniforms.
  • “H-Town Blue” — i.e., the Oilers’ old shade of Columbia blue — will be an accent color, not a main color.
  • The team’s primary logo will not be changing.
  • The new uniforms will be unveiled during the lead-up to the draft in late April."

Also:

"Vosik added the four versions of the uniform will be completely different from each other and not simply a repeat in various colors. That would be a way to make sure everyone gets what they want. Before drawing up designs, the team set up a fan council, which provided feedback that varied from fans who wanted to keep the uniforms traditional to others who wanted a drastic change. Players also gave their input on what they’d like to wear starting next season."

This already sounds like a trainwreck.  🤔

• Like 8
  • WOAH 1
  • Hurl 1

20 minutes ago, LogoFan said:

"Vosik added the four versions of the uniform will be completely different from each other and not simply a repeat in various colors. That would be a way to make sure everyone gets what they want. Before drawing up designs, the team set up a fan council, which provided feedback that varied from fans who wanted to keep the uniforms traditional to others who wanted a drastic change. Players also gave their input on what they’d like to wear starting next season."

This already sounds like a trainwreck.  🤔

5 years from now:

We learned that by trying to make everyone happy, we made nobody happy. We're going back to our original uniforms, with a few tweaks that we liked from this last version.

-Houston Texans

• Like 21
  • Applause 2

It's where I sit.

On 1/8/2024 at 3:21 PM, simtek34 said:
  • The Houston Texans
  • The Detroit Lions

and...

• The Denver Broncos

Over/under 0.5 of these will be an actual upgrade?

I'll say that I am cautiously optimistic the Lions will be an upgrade because it will be a Browns-style return to the Barry Sanders-era uniforms, but I bet the other 2 are clear downgrades.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Over/under 0.5 of these will be an actual upgrade?

I'll say that I am cautiously optimistic the Lions will be an upgrade because it will be a Browns-style return to the Barry Sanders-era uniforms, but I bet the other 2 are clear downgrades.

Was there a source for this that I missed?

I'll just say that nothing that the Lions have done recently (white pants, blue helmets, not phasing out the all-grey uniforms) has hinted at a return to a traditional look... My guess is that whatever they're going to do, it's going to be very modern with the majority of looks being monochrome.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, CrookedThumb said:

I personally don’t buy this as credible, but if you follow the NFL Memes/Daily Snark social media pages, apparently someone’s claiming to have inside info as to what the Broncos are doing.

new-uniform-helmet-designs-for-denver-broncos-appear-to-leak-online

A predominantly white logo on a white helmet never looks good. I dig the “mountain” sleeves though.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, GFB said:

I'll just say that nothing that the Lions have done recently (white pants, blue helmets, not phasing out the all-grey uniforms) has hinted at a return to a traditional look... My guess is that whatever they're going to do, it's going to be very modern with the majority of looks being monochrome.

I could see them going the Chargers route. A very simplified uniform with a more modern number font. They’ll probably have an all grey uniform and potentially an all black uniform (if the rumors are true)

1 minute ago, CrookedThumb said:

I personally don’t buy this as credible, but if you follow the NFL Memes/Daily Snark social media pages, apparently someone’s claiming to have inside info as to what the Broncos are doing.

https://dailysnark.com/2024/01/09/new-uniform-helmet-designs-for-denver-broncos-appear-to-leak-online/?fbclid=IwAR3wUuvBRGNeHO968tT9KgPGB16WGXpKE9y8Jt-G7glCczzipoUeFVqeMd8_aem_AZg5z13Xc2_7WB0NJq8qLZm6LEzuCgR39CWsPFGIrVj6cPEP19IsUjtMVNDInjjJajs

Interesting. I don't hate the white helmet but feel like the primarily white logo doesn't look nearly as good as it does on the blue helmets. I get why they would do the mountain sleeves but they aren't very 'Broncos' to me.

• Like 2

If only teams with bad uniforms were aware of said badness and actually felt inclined to change their uniforms as quickly as possible. This is not always the case. It took the Broncos and Cardinals decades to realize they looked like trash every week.

The Titans and Jets at least have popular throwback uniforms that could make them realize how lousy their regular uniforms are, but the Jaguars seem content in their practice uniforms.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1