Best Colour Combos

Brass

What do you guys think are the best colour combos for a jersey? Mine without a doubt is Powder Blue & Yellow. I dunno why, but it just works!

pG01-1114233reg.jpg

p1409964reg.jpg

7929327.jpg

I LOVE IT!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm partial to red--which shouldn't be a surprise-

Red works well with white, black, yellow, gold, some shades of blue--and even some shades of green. Purple and orange can work in smaller amounts...

Red looks good with silver as well--especially if there's black or white to set it off...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

some good oddball ones:

pink and black

pink and blue

pink and green

green and gold

green and silver

forest green and pea green

navy blue and pea green

neon/lime green and navy

navy and orange

red, navy and gold

red and powder blue

dark gray and silver

brown, vegas gold and powder blue

green, dark brown and bronze/gold

peach, cream and green

oh yeah...cream as a white substitute (Indiana, I'm talking to you!)

crimson and gold

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

my favorite color schemes are:

navy blue and powder blue (not like mavs, really... almost like titans... exactly like university of maine hockey.)

green and gold (true gold... not yellow. more dallas stars than green bay packers)

black and silver (i hate the raiders, but i envy their style)

red is my favorite color, but i'm not generally a fan of red uniforms, unless the red is a deep red color.. and not fire engine red, or maroon...

but overall, i think my favorite color scheme is brown and tan... i don't know of any sports teams that wear it, but it's a VERY nice looking color scheme to me. maybe even brown and metalic gold.

i think the most underrated color scheme is blue, green, and yellow. like brazil... no one seems to use it, but it's very nice.

my least favorite colors schemes are:

anything involving teal (it went out in the late 80's... it's just a bad looking color in my opinion. i thought so before the stars and sharks ever became rivals, too, so it's not that... i just can't stand teal.)

red and green together is also awful, unless it's for a national team. teams can't help what color their national flag is, so teams like belarus, mexico, etc. get a free pass.

red and green together is also awful, unless it's for a national team. teams can't help what color their national flag is, so teams like belarus, mexico, etc. get a free pass.

I LOVE red and green. THe Christmas Devils uniforms are the greatest in NHL history.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

My high school colors were royal blue, white and gold. I've always had a special fondness for that color combination ever since I was a kid. And maybe my love for that has been enhanced since my hometown high school merged with the next town over, and together they turned to red and black. Yuck.

I've always liked Villanova's colors. Navy, Columbia, Red.

Btw...Midnight Green and Black don't match at all. Its like Navy and Black. I'm looking at You Illinois. Thank god they don't wear the navy unis too often. They are too close to each other (midnight green and black). Anything you design, if when you make it greyscale, and it turns into a black blob...its time to rethink your color scheme.

And Teal was a early-mid 90's thing. Neon colors were the 80's and Teal kinda piggy banked on that. NOt that this matters, but I don't think teal was really that big until the Mighty Ducks, Sharks, Marlins, and about 17 other major and minor league teams started using it in the Expansion years of sports. I could be wrong because as always, I'm an idiot.

I'm kind of Partical to Red and Pewter (Red is my alltime favorite color tho). But I love the way Orange Jersey look (Illinois, Syracuse, Bronco's alt., U of Miami) But they don't seem to work the best unless there paired up with Navy or Green. I'm also a big fan of the Powder blue and Gold/yellow, Id like to see the chargers back in powder blue.

I also like the way a lot of the 'oddball colors' Discrimihater posted look on jerseys and logo's. Acctualy I just did a concept using Forest Green and a sort of Pea Green and Orange. And since its been mentioned, I'm thinking of trying to so something in Brown and Tan.

I like orange and navy together, like the Knicks wear, although the black is unnecesary there IMO.

Red and white together is good usually with an accent color, black or yellow for instance.

and green with gold or yellow.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I like dark green and gold w/ black or white accents, ala Colorado St. I personally feel green is under-used in sports.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I'm kinda partial to the Navy/Orange colors (but not the design) of the Dnver Broncos, and the colors look good on the UVA Cavaliers.

I also think the Black & Yellow of Pittsburgh is sweet.

And as a blatant homer, I like the Maroon & Gold of the Skins

I love Black and Silver, Green and Yellow(coinceidentaly the two best looking colour combos for the two best dressed teams in the NFL). I also love(yes im serious) dark brown and light brown together. Done well it can be awesome.

Bright orange and blue, Navy and red, and black and yellow are also nice.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

my favorite color combo that I have never seen a team use is maroon and teal, I have made about fifty concepts with these colors and they always look great together.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Archived