N.O. Saints list relocation options

gosioux76

Start saying it now the Los Angeles Saints maybe of Anaheim. Thats where they will end up. NFL has no room for expansion wanst a team in LA, New Orleans wont build a stadium, its all too perfect.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An NFL team in The A-B-Q?? I'd be down with that. :)

However, I truly doubt it happens. If they did move, they'd probably name the team after another Simpsons episode. <_<

I agree that it is unlikely since San Antonio and LA are still on the board, however, the NFL does love to be the "only game in town". Tampa Bay and Jacksonville, are recent exampless of that. A previous poster was right in that the Alamodome needs to be upgraded. The club/suite level was never finished and needed to be done during the Spurs last season there, basically like Tropicana Field before the Devil Rays were officially chartered. anaheim releaded more detailed palns today, and as Brian in Boston mentioned with the LA Colisuem, the Rose Bowl is scheduled to have the thing occur with its capacity reduced to about 77,000, but additional suites (of course).

The city council in SA have basically given up on getting an NFL team due to the costs of replacing or even renovating the Alamodome. Of course everyone here is upset because MLS is being given the city on a platter for about $15 million. If MLS falls though though, they may consider the NFL again.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

L.A. Saints does sound kinda catchy...

I am almost certian they won't be called the Saints if they move to LA.

Why? The Rams, Raiders, Lakers, Clippers, and Dodgers all kept their original names when they moved to LA.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

L.A. Saints does sound kinda catchy...

I am almost certian they won't be called the Saints if they move to LA.

And unlike all of those names it actually fits into the City. Los Angeles is the "City of Angels", well there is already a Angels team but Saints goes right along with that.

I think Anaheim is a long shot do to the Angels Site. I believe the plan is to build the Stadium in the Angel Stadium parking lot. I'm sure Moreno would be able to find a loophole in order to block it. Although I'm sure if the city drops their suit and let's him have The Los Angeles name that would clear the way for the stadium and enhance their NFL bid. I'm sure the NFL would want a team there to be called Los Angeles, and the current suit against the Angels doesn't look too favorable upon the city to the NFL.

Whether the new NFL team in Los Angeles is an expansion franchise or a relocated team (Tagliabue has gone on record as saying that either scenario is a legitimate possibility), said team is going to be playing in a renovated Coliseum. Count on it.

The NFL's dalliance with Anaheim will ultimately prove to be nothing more than a means by which to raise the possibility of Orange County eventually playing host to a team in addition to a Los Angeles-based franchise. That way, NFL owners who are unhappy with their stadium situations will still have an option with which to threaten their current host cities... even after Los Angeles proper lands a team.

Albuquerque? ALBUQUERQUE???

*catches breath*

um, yeah...and in other news, the Bucks have decided to move to Kalamazoo. <_<

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

If the Saints leave New Orleans, doesn't that mean no more Super Bowls at the Louisiana Superdome? ^_^

I think we have already seen the last of the Super Dome Super Bowls. Right now there is no future Super Bowl scheduled for New Orleans. As the Saints are trying to get a new stadium the NFL probably won't award New Orleans a Super Bowl unless a new stadium is built in order to help the Saints get their stadium. I believe San Diego is in the same boat as New Orleans.

The NFL gave the 2010 game to New York in order to help the Jets get their stadium built. They did the same thing to San Fran, to help them get their new stadium built they awarded Super Bowl XXXVII to San Fransico. However the stadium was never built and the game was moved to San Diego. As you can see the NFL uses the Super Bowl to try to help teams get new stadiums.

The NFL gave the 2010 game to New York in order to help the Jets get their stadium built. They did the same thing to San Fran, to help them get their new stadium built they awarded Super Bowl XXXVII to San Fransico. However the stadium was never built and the game was moved to San Diego. As you can see the NFL uses the Super Bowl to try to help teams get new stadiums.

Let's hope the stadium plans for the Jets don't get scraped like the Niners' did.

6uXNWAo.png

An NFL team in The A-B-Q??  I'd be down with that. :)

However, I truly doubt it happens. If they did move, they'd probably name the team after another Simpsons episode.  <_<

Go Topes!

Wasn't the football team in Springfield called the Atoms? :D

Kent Brockman: "If you've got football fever, there's only one cure. Take two tickets, and see the game Sunday morning."

TV News Voiceover: "WARNING ? Do not take tickets internally."

Homer: "See? Because of me, they have a warning."

The NFL seems to have a tradition of keeping names when teams move to other cities.

But that may have changed with Art Modell. Say what you want about him and moving the Browns to Baltimore, but he at least kept the Browns name and history in Cleveland.

I wish other owners had done the same thing. It would have been only right for Modell, when he moved the team to Baltimore, to lay claim to the name Colts. And then we wouldn't be complaining about those stupid Baltimore Ravens helmets.

The NFL seems to have a tradition of keeping names when teams move to other cities.

But that may have changed with Art Modell. Say what you want about him and moving the Browns to Baltimore, but he at least kept the Browns name and history in Cleveland.

No, he fully intended to call the team the Baltimore Browns and to keep the original uniforms and colors. There were over 100,000 T-shirts printed up with the name Baltimore Browns in block print across the front, and a few of them were actually sold.

But then Tagliabue gave in to all of the Browns fans bleating and shrieking and said that Modell had to come up with a new name, as there was going to be a new franchise in Cleveland and it was going to be called the Browns.

In fact, when the CFL had a team in Baltimore, the NFL actually filed a lawsuit against both the CFL and the city of Baltimore because the team name was going to be Baltimore Colts. The team ended up being called the Baltimore Stallions.

Archived