Favorite Defunct Uniforms

OnWis97

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is, was, and always will be, the St. Louis Steamers:

Steamers1.gif

At least the Blast COULD beat the Steamers when it counted (like the blowout in Game 5 (i.e., the last game) of the 1984 Championship Series -- which I attended hours before leaving for the beach for my high school Senior Week).

Now guess how old I am, Cz. :D

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I loved the Chicago Cougars from the WHA.There home unis were very impressive.The colors almost mirrored the Oakland A's from that time.Wedding gown white and kelly green were the colors.If anyine knows how to post a pic,I would appreciate it.thanks

NFL: 1994 Miami Dolphins, 1988 New England Patriots, 1992 New York Jets

MLB: 1993 California Angels

NBA: 1992-93 Orlando Magic

NHL: 1994-95 Washington Capitals, 1995-96 Buffalo Sabres

NCAA: 1998 Oregon Ducks (yellow helmet, green facemask, green jerseys with yellow numbers outlined in white...perfect), 2000-2003 Miami Hurricanes

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Hey Mockba, 1986 was the season I fell in love with the game. I was 8 years old so those uniforms have a real deep sentimental.

If only soccer kits fit me. No way you'll fit a European XXL on a dude who wears American 3XL shirts. Unless you can find a kit with a 75cm chest. (and that's half way round remember). If I could find a Norwich away kit that large I'd buy one in a heartbeat no matter the price. So if you find one out there, let me know. Perhaps one of the chaps on carrowroad have paypal and would be willing to pick one up for me.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

since most of my teams still have their jeresys that they have used for some time. the only one i would like to see again.

MLB late 80's/ early 90's Indians jeresys(the ones for Major League)

and the hats to go with them. i wish they would start using the BIG chief Wahoo and Navy blue hats instead of those stupid SMURF blue and little Wahoo ones they are wearing now

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

and all this time I thought I was alone in that great big world...finally another who despises the current monstrosities 

I know man, I even emailed the sonics beeging them to bring back their style from the late 90's. But their not going to change because a few people hate it.

Plus I can't stand looking at their basketball court, in my opinion it is the ugliest court in the NBA.

tell me about it...I hate just about everything in the Sonics' current scheme, except the gold jersey (it's a "so crappy it's good" thing, I guess). The logo fails to convey a sense of speed (are they the Sonics or the Slowpokes?) or tie into the city in any way (enter the Space Needle from the old logo...hell even the boring ass half-ball before that had the Seattle skyline going for it), and on top of it is just boring to look at...then the uniforms wind up looking ugly and uninspired in trying and failing to look like the 79-94 uniform.

guess me and you are in a minority, though, cus I'd love to have the late 90s threads back but most Sonics fans seem to prefer the currents.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

NFL: The old red early 90s falcons

I also miss those Falcons uniforms - but they were worn from 1978 through 1989. I liked them with both the white and black facemask, but I did prefer the original style where the "Falcon Crest" was above the stripes (1978-1986) over the latter version where it was inside the stripes (like the current 49ers jersey).

If only soccer kits fit me. No way you'll fit a European XXL on a dude who wears American 3XL shirts.

Keep in mind that the UK doesn't really follow the Euro sizing standard. UK XXLs generally fit me fine, as they tend to be in the 50" (full-round) range.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived