NHL Off-Season 2005/06

Suigi

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Consider it from the Flyers side. They gave up Roenick (37 years old, making $4.5 million a year approx.) and a draft pick for Peter Forsberg (32 years old, quite possibly the best all around player in the world, making $5.5 million a year approx.) and future considerations. Not bad, uh?

:D

Seriously, I think the Kings wanted some compensation for having to swallow JR's contract into their cap.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Consider it from the Flyers side. They gave up Roenick (37 years old, making $4.5 million a year approx.) and a draft pick for Peter Forsberg (32 years old, quite possibly the best all around player in the world, making $5.5 million a year approx.) and future considerations.

That's what I'm sayin'! We got hosed.

:D

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

OK, here's what I'm not getting about the Senators organization.

They're placing all their hopes on Dominik Hasek, a player who is just as old, if not moreso, than Belfour.

And we all know about the health problems Eddie's had.

What if Hasek's lost his touch over the offseason? (as unlikely as it sounds)

What if he's outta shape?

By losing both Lalime and Prusek, the Sens have f***ed themselves if Hasek goes stinko.

I hope Ray Emery is halfway-decent...

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Emery has been half-decent so far when he has played, but he's no Prusek, who Ottawa will definately will miss because he is a tremendous back-up goalie

Emery has been half-decent so far when he has played, but he's no Prusek, who Ottawa will definately will miss because he is a tremendous back-up goalie

Emery's put up some pretty solid numbers in Binghamton over the last 2 seasons...he's not that bad and will do OK as Hasek's understudy.....then again, if I were the Sens GM, I never would have made the deal to move Lalime to St. Louis and wouldn't have touched Hasek with a 10 foot pole...but that's just me :lol:

The Jackets picking up Prusek tells me Marc Denis is probably on his way out the door and it's time for the Pascal Leclaire Era in CBus to begin...Prusek could even step in as the #1 if Leclaire struggles early..

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Emery's put up some pretty solid numbers in Binghamton over the last 2 seasons...he's not that bad and will do OK as Hasek's understudy.....then again, if I were the Sens GM, I never would have made the deal to move Lalime to St. Louis and wouldn't have touched Hasek with a 10 foot pole...but that's just me :lol:

The Jackets picking up Prusek tells me Marc Denis is probably on his way out the door and it's time for the Pascal Leclaire Era in CBus to begin...Prusek could even step in as the #1 if Leclaire struggles early..

Good point. I've never been a fan of Denis, and have always thought he was overrated in Columbus. LeClaire should be a much better goalie this year, and your right Prusek would be a great safety net if LeClaire fails to preform well

Good point. I've never been a fan of Denis, and have always thought he was overrated in Columbus. LeClaire should be a much better goalie this year, and your right Prusek would be a great safety net if LeClaire fails to preform well

I kinda miss the days of Tugnut in Columbus

I just miss Ron Tugnutt period.

I just miss Ron Tugnutt period.

I miss the days of Tugnutt in Ottawa BUT ESPECIALLY in Pittsburgh, I don't know why

By the way, Nieminen signed in NEW YORK (rangers that is)

How about Deadmarsh?

Sadly, Deader hasn't played a single game since December 2002. His major concussion/whiplash problems forced him to miss most of the 02-03 campaign (only played 20 games), as well as the entire 03-04 season. Somewhere in there, Adam said that if his condition was not improving, he would have retired in September (2004). However, I do not believe he officially retired.

Now, whether someone wants to take a gamble on him (if he's even cleared to play) is a good question. I can't think of too many players who, having essentially been off skates for the last 31 months, would be able to return at anywhere near full effectiveness. If he wanted to play and someone wanted to pick him up, I'm sure they could get him at a bargain price (i.e.- less than a million).

Either way, Deadmarsh is a great leader, a gritty checker, and a solid offensive threat. He's gonna be a great coach in one form or another one day, but I hope that his playing days are not over. I, for one, would love to see him healthy and back in a Kings uni again.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

OK, here's what I'm not getting about the Senators organization.

They're placing all their hopes on Dominik Hasek, a player who is just as old, if not moreso, than Belfour.

And we all know about the health problems Eddie's had.

What if Hasek's lost his touch over the offseason? (as unlikely as it sounds)

What if he's outta shape?

By losing both Lalime and Prusek, the Sens have f***ed themselves if Hasek goes stinko.

Yah i think Dominik Hasek is Going to be good enough to lead the Ottawa Senators to their first Stanley Cup, because a goalie like the Dominator can not lose his touch. Ottawa better wake up and get another centre after losing Todd White. I'm not just saying this because I'm arguebly one of the best Ottawa Senators Fan's there is; but I think getting a goalie who has won a Cup, who has been a top of the line goaltender and has lead teams that were bottom-feeders to the stanley cup, can do it all over again.

But letting Prusek go wasnt a good idea he was a great backup. Firing Jacques Martin was a terrible Idea that makes me worry about their chances.

All in all i think that the Sens will win the 1st Stanley Cup in a new Nhl :hockeysmiley:

GO SENS GO!!!!!

Hi, how are you?

So, the new NHL's worried about gaining attention in the US media? Not a problem anymore, because Hollywood's about to make this guy a stah, baby! :D

roenicksweaters.png

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Archived