Best and Worst baseball alts

grmuckrakers

being from li, the snow thite mets jerseys and black and blue hats should be burned. i do not understand why every ML team is using black as part of their team colors. the last time i checked, mets standed for metropolitans, not metro-sexuals.

ny_mets.jpg

Best -the original one, the Black Sunday ChiSox

Alternate jerseys existed way before 1991.....

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Love the Cubs and Sox alts. Also the A's and the O's. (But not the P's and Q's.)

I hate the Mets white alts. Their pinstripe is a great look, the piping is yicchy.

I wouldn't hate the Rockies vest if the armhole wasn't white.

Hate the Pirates pinstripes.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Put in another vote for the Rockies alternates. I wasn't fond of the purple/black alternates they had. These black alts are tons worse. The Mets and the white pinstripes are not very good, but everything else they have is OK with me.

I don't know if this would count, but I'm not high on the Twins' red alternate cap. It just doesn't seem to look right with the rest of the uniform and makes the "TC" logo look less than stellar.

Best was the original version of the current black O's alternate, with the front piping and orange/black/white lettering and numbers.

And, the Royals black takes way too many knocks. Put aside your dislike of black alternates in general, and you'll see the black/white/blue combo works really well...now, if I could just get one of these game used, a major hole in my collection would be filled!

Archived