A Treat on Monday Night

JQK

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why does everyone love those uniforms so much theya re ugly the ones the Chargers have now are much better.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

DEATH TO THE POWDER BLUES! :D

I can't agree more, Navy Blue blows the Powder blue out of the water, so agreeing with Quad and Tank

:cursing: DEATH TO THE POWDER BLUE THROWBACKS

If they bring them back, I hope they don't put numbers on the helmets...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Frankly, I don't see what the argument is here. The way they do it now is PERFECT. They're one of the few teams with two excellent uniforms. Personally, I love the powder blues, but part of what makes them so great is that they only get broken out twice a year. So keep what they have - navy six home games a year, powders two home games a year, repeat forever.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Maybe it's just me and LogoFan, but I'm pulling for the Fouts Era unis - medium blue, gold pants, gold facemasks, gold bolts. And thick lumberjack beards, Chuck Muncie glasses optional. B)

I like their present look, homes more than roads. I like the throwbacks, homes more than roads. But very few teams wear non-white numbers on their home jerseys (Raiders, Rams), and nobody rocks the canary-colored facemasks.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I can see what goes on here, anytime people start to like one look or another and it gains any type of popularity everybody here switches it up and hates it because it's popular. It just has a real underground feel to it(this board). If something isn't underground enough it's no good for peeps around here. I think the powder blue look is very different and distinctive, which is what makes it stand out, what they have now to me is very boring. I don't care if alot of people have hopped on the bandwagon especially the young hip- hoppers and you see it al over rap videos that does'nt change how sharp these uni's look to me.

I can see what goes on here, anytime people start to like one look or another and it gains any type of popularity everybody here switches it up and hates it because it's popular.

I don't hate it because it's popular, I just hate it because, it should stay in the past just like every other throwback. It's for one ugly, 2 makes them look very high school like and 3, it's a throwback.

I thought this thread was going to be about some kick-ass sasparilla!

atreat-r-sarsa-12a.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I just hate it because, it should stay in the past just like every other throwback. It's for one ugly, 2 makes them look very high school like and 3, it's a throwback.

Which do you like better: 2005 Bills throwback, or 2005 Bills regular?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The pwder blues suck. I don't hate them because it's popular I hate it because it sucks. The colors are all bright and thus blend together. You need balance and the current unis have that The navy blue is dark so the white and yellow show up better on the uniform. The Chargers current uniform isn't perfect, in fact I think they switch the white and the yellow on the uniform. However the current chargers uniform is far better than the powder blues to wear you can barely see the lightnig bolts because you have bright yellow on bright blue on white.

I just hate it because, it should stay in the past just like every other throwback.  It's for one ugly, 2 makes them look very high school like and 3, it's a throwback.

Which do you like better: 2005 Bills throwback, or 2005 Bills regular?

neither, that's why I can't wait for some kind of uniform change

Why does everyone love those uniforms so much theya re ugly the ones the Chargers have now are much better.

Because the navy blues really don't stand out. They don't really say Chargers.

The powder blues, on the other hand, as well as the royal blues of the Fouts era, both say Chargers. Both of those uniform sets give the Chargers an identity that the navy blues just don't do.

The pwder blues suck. I don't hate them because it's popular I hate it because it sucks. The colors are all bright and thus blend together. You need balance and the current unis have that The navy blue is dark so the white and yellow show up better on the uniform. The Chargers current uniform isn't perfect, in fact I think they switch the white and the yellow on the uniform. However the current chargers uniform is far better than the powder blues to wear you can barely see the lightnig bolts because you have bright yellow on bright blue on white.

this is also why I defend the Dolphins decision to add navy blue to thier scheme. the aqua and orange they use on thier own are bright colors that often get muddled together. They needed a third darker color to sort of offset that brightness. Black would have looked horrible, so thier decision to bring navy blue in I feel was a good one.

in fact, if the Chargers MUST heaven forbid give in to the "powder blue r0xx0rz the big 0ne!!!11111" crowd and return to those uniforms, they need to be modernized. no gray facemask, no numbers on the helmets, and add some navy blue highlights to break up the unbearable brightness of the light blue and yellow together.

The Chargers current navy blues are perhaps as close to perfect as any look will ever be. That doesn't mean it's my favorite, but it is great.

Two contrasting colors balanced perfectly with white and perfection in striping/number consistancy...it's beautiful. Period.

Now, the powder blue throwbacks are cool for an alternate, but not full time. If they do them full time, they need to change them a lot. The consistancy of the striping on the throwbacks is horrible. Horrible.

I also don't really wanna see an updated powder blue look that features navy. That's too much. The Chargers don't need that many colors, it brings the look down.

The Chargers can do what they want with the powder blue for an alternate, but if they mess with what they have now they're stupid.

Archived