Breaking News Bulletin!

amare32

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Romo tells '60 Minutes' he used steroids

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Bill Romanowski used steroids and human growth hormone supplied by Victor Conte, the former NFL linebacker tells CBS' "60 Minutes" in an interview to be broadcast Sunday.

Romanowski said he took illegal steroids for a two-year period starting in 2001 and got them from Conte, the former head of the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, which has been at the center of a steroids controversy in several sports.

"I took [human growth hormone] for a brief period and ... I definitely didn't receive what I got out of THG," Romanowski said, referring to another drug he got from Conte.

In November 2003, the NFL notified Romanowski that he tested positive for the steroid THG.

Romanowski played linebacker for the San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles, Denver Broncos and Oakland Raiders in a 16-year career that ended in 2003.

Last May, he agreed to pay former Raiders teammate Marcus Williams $415,000 in damages for a hit to the face during a practice drill in 2003. Williams' career ended after his eye socket was broken.

Romanowski played for the Raiders during their 2002 Super Bowl season.

He writes about his NFL career in a soon-to-be-released book, "Romo, My Life on the Edge."

In other non-stories, water is wet, the Pope wears a funny hat, and bears plop in the woods.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Romo tells '60 Minutes' he used steroids

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Bill Romanowski used steroids and human growth hormone supplied by Victor Conte, the former NFL linebacker tells CBS' "60 Minutes" in an interview to be broadcast Sunday.

Romanowski said he took illegal steroids for a two-year period starting in 2001 and got them from Conte, the former head of the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, which has been at the center of a steroids controversy in several sports.

"I took [human growth hormone] for a brief period and ... I definitely didn't receive what I got out of THG," Romanowski said, referring to another drug he got from Conte.

In November 2003, the NFL notified Romanowski that he tested positive for the steroid THG.

Romanowski played linebacker for the San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles, Denver Broncos and Oakland Raiders in a 16-year career that ended in 2003.

Last May, he agreed to pay former Raiders teammate Marcus Williams $415,000 in damages for a hit to the face during a practice drill in 2003. Williams' career ended after his eye socket was broken.

Romanowski played for the Raiders during their 2002 Super Bowl season.

He writes about his NFL career in a soon-to-be-released book, "Romo, My Life on the Edge."

Wow! I am shocked and dismayed!!!

In other non-stories, water is wet, the Pope wears a funny hat, and bears plop in the woods.

:D

teamsnew2.png

You mean Bears plop in the woods?

:P

Its actually mainly Kyle Orton...

I thought Kyle Orton just drinks too much, spills beer and drools on himself (and throws INTs) - didn't see any plop in those pix from Iowa City, but I didn't scrutinize them. :evil:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

See athletes really are role models! I hope to one day write a book and profit off of years of illegal activity that I have spent half of my time denying like Romo, Canseco, and countless others.

Now if someone could kindly point me in the direction of Lake Minnetonka...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

the Pope wears a funny hat

How I wish to see the Pope wearing a St. Louis Cardinals cap...!!!

Because he used to be Cardinal until late April 2005.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I'm sure it's really funny in French... :D

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Now if someone could kindly point me in the direction of Lake Minnetonka...

Just follow the purple rain droplets.

Eat some pancakes after you purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Of course, I remember Rick Reilly's piece in SI a few years back, where he lavished praise on Romo for his strict dietary and exercise regiments. He even made special note of the many supplements Romo carefully took, all of the doctors and nutritional consultants he used, and wondered aloud how anyone could ever accuse this fine physical specimen of using illegal substances.

And at the time, I thought to myself, "What a steaming load of..."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived