Possible return of old Det Tigers logo?

deliver2david

tigers.gif

I saw this on the Tigers' official site. Does anyone know if Detroit plans on bringing this logo back or is this just an isolated incident?

EDIT: It looks like other teams are doing this as well so nevermind...

looks like a simple throwback baseball card lgraphic. Nothing more. Calm down.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Bad gimmick.

Many teams that have changed their uniforms and/or logos since 1985 look ridiculous. The Phillies' players are wearing red and white with the current wordmark, but the logo and design are based the old maroon "swirly P". And what of the 4 teams that didn't exist in 1985?

It works OK for a few teams with timeless looks (St. Louis, NYY, Detroit, Cubs, LA Dodgers), but this wasn't thought out well enough to cover most teams.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Bad gimmick.

Many teams that have changed their uniforms and/or logos since 1985 look ridiculous.  The Phillies' players are wearing red and white with the current wordmark, but the logo and design are based the old maroon "swirly P".  And what of the 4 teams that didn't exist in 1985?

It works OK for a few teams with timeless looks (St. Louis, NYY, Detroit, Cubs, LA Dodgers), but this wasn't thought out well enough to cover most teams.

I don't think it is that big a deal. I think everyone realizes they are using old/outdated logos in some instances. As for the teams that didn't exist, just plug in existing logos over the old template.

If you were mixing and matching uniforms (ball-in-glove mixed with modern Brewers logo, for example -- haved I touched a nerve yet? :P ), that would be different.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

You're right. The old Detroit tiger head does look a little like Toonces. However, Toonces is a straight-ahead tiger head. This one looks like that it is at a bit of an angle.

The LSU tiger is also at a little bit of an angle, and no, this doesn't look all that similar to it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

if they ever do update the 1985 logo, I really hope they make it look close to the Monkey Wrench Concept

detroit_tigers_logo.gif

I just realized how funny that old Tigers logo is. It looks like it'd been watching the Tigers of the past few years and is appauled or scared to be associated with the team! *LOL*

I just realized how funny that old Tigers logo is. It looks like it'd been watching the Tigers of the past few years and is appauled or scared to be associated with the team! *LOL*

I always thought the tiger in that old logo looked a little weird, until I saw a picture of a pissed off tiger that still has his eyes wide open. There isn't anything funny about this:

Siberian%20Tiger%20471057.jpg

Archived