Sabres back in blue and yellow

spyboy1

Contain yourselves kids, here are the Buffalo Sabres in the classic blue and yellow jerseys!

oly_full.53440944ds001_leaf_sabre.jpg

These were worn in honor of the retirement of Pat Lafontaine's #16.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

...And then they switched to the red alts for the game.

Such a tease

.. you would thing that the red, silver and black socks were a give away that they were not going to play in blue.... :P

I saw, I came, I left.

In honor of Pat LaFontaine, seeing that picture of blue and yellow jerseys with red, silver and black socks gave me a headache.

HA!

i liked that one. it was awful.

Looks too much like the Coyotes jerseys now.

I don't mind bringing back the COLORS blue and yellow, but I'm not a big fan of the actual jerseys. (These actual jerseys would look better if they dropped the white outline of the numbers.)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Anyone else notice that the blue throwbacks were made by CCM and had the logo at the bottom of the jersey? That is amazing attention to detail, as the logo did not move to above the name until the 2000-2001 season. I figured RbK wouldn't dare go without having their logo rediculously placed all over anything related to hockey. My hat goes off to the Sabres not only for bringing out the blue and gold but for staying consistent with the time frame of the jerseys.

Anyone else notice that the blue throwbacks were made by CCM and had the logo at the bottom of the jersey? That is amazing attention to detail, as the logo did not move to above the name until the 2000-2001 season. I figured RbK wouldn't dare go without having their logo rediculously placed all over anything related to hockey. My hat goes off to the Sabres not only for bringing out the blue and gold but for staying consistent with the time frame of the jerseys.

All CCM throwbacks (aside from actually being branded by CCM and not Reebok) have their logo down there, no matter where the timeframe had them placed. It's not a coincidence that that just happens to be the spot where pretty much every team had the CCM on their jerseys, which is why CCM puts them there now anyways. That logo next to it is the old NHL shield, which any authentic throwback would (and should) have.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The Islanders once wore Bryan Trottier jerseys during practice 4 years ago

I've actually seen a handful of teams do this on the night of a number retirment. The Avalanche and Oilers come to mind right away.

6uXNWAo.png

I've actually seen a handful of teams do this on the night of a number retirment. The Avalanche and Oilers come to mind right away.

I remember the Oil doing it for Paul Coffey earlier this season, but I think they all had "COFFEY" on their nameplates as well, rather than their individual names like the Sabres did.

Hurricanes just did that for Ron Francis about a month ago.

Damn, I miss the Sabres in blue.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Anybody want a Pat Lafontaine rookie card?

I have an extra...

Uh ... heck YEAH! PM me

pattylala5uy.jpg

Sabres did this same exact thing for Danny gare retirement night a few months ago. Gare, in his speech, mentioned how cool it was to see so much blue&gold that night. He hinted that it's time to bring it back and the crowd nearly erupted.

I've been waiting for the team to wear these blue throwbacks in a game just once. Hasn't happened yet. :cry:

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

The Bruins did this on Cam Neely night as well.

It's funny how a team in such a dire financial situation like the Sabres can outfit their team with special jerseys just for warm-ups for one night.

It's a nice thing to do, but I'm just sayin'.

mainescarf.png

Archived