March Madness

vicfurth

If this isn't one of those moments you wish you could be Marty McFly.

Call up the doc, get the Delorean to 88.8 jiggawatts and fly back to Vegas two weeks ago.

Hiding your smirk, you hand the teller a Benjamin and say nonchalantly "put it all on George Mason"

Not to be picky, but it's 1.21 Jigawatts :P

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call up the doc, get the Delorean to 88.8 jiggawatts and fly back to Vegas two weeks ago.

Hiding your smirk, you hand the teller a Benjamin and say nonchalantly "put it all on George Mason"

You're both wrong... it's 1.21 gigawatts!

:upside:

VmWIn6B.png

Time to weigh in on the Washington DC final...

UConn had been playing with fire for about the last month...seemed like EVERY game they should have blown out the other team was a close one. To be honest, the last really good game they played was against Nova in Hartford. Other than that, it's been Maalox time watching this team, be it against ND, Louisville, the Cuse, UAlbany, Kentucky, and U-Dub.

They ran into a team that just outplayed them. Plain and simple. GMU wanted it more and they won. Facts are facts and the better team on the court was rewarded. Personally, I thought that was UConn's best effort of the tournament, but GMU rose to the challenge.

AAO, enjoy it! Best of luck to the Pats against Florida out in Indy Saturday night.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Jigga What? :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

You're both wrong... it's 1.21 gigawatts!

:upside:

According to this, lmupepbander is correct. I always thought it was "jigawatts" as well.

deloreanmotorcar.com

As for the 88, the DeLorean/time machine had to reach 88 mph to travel through time (all while 1.21 gigawatts/jigawatts of electricity was being fed into the flux capacitor). To this day, I still doubt the DeLorean had the acceleration to reach 88 mph in the stretch between the starting point and where the wire was strung across the road in 1955 (but I'm not a car guy, so who knows).

I had way too much free time in college. :P

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Curty, you had asked if anyone had picked one of the Final Four teams.

Out of 2.7 million entries to ESPN's tournament challenge, exactly two, it seems, have picked all four Final Four teams.

I'm counting at least three correct Final Four brackets on ESPN.

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/entry?entryID=3019864

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/entry?entryID=1142067

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/entry?entryID=2132664

Interesting that all three have Florida winning the Nat'l Championship...

Actually, there are four people who correctly predicted the final four...

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?id=2385599

I wonder if Yannick Noah will show up in Indianapolis... ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

This just looks WEIRD...

final4.jpg

I agree... primarily because I don't recall seeing those UCLA and LSU logos in years. The UCLA script is their primary, and the LSU wordmark is their primary.

The UCLA one is the main logo according to this website

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

This just looks WEIRD...

final4.jpg

I agree... primarily because I don't recall seeing those UCLA and LSU logos in years. The UCLA script is their primary, and the LSU wordmark is their primary.

The UCLA one is the main logo according to this website

I just can't wait to see how much crow that old fart Billy Packer will eat for his trash talking of the MO Valley Conference and for the inclusion of George Mason in the tournament.

random info, but, on facebook, GMU bball players add anybody that goes to their school, so i added lamar butler (DC regional MVP, #22) and left him best wishes for the rest of the tourney on what's called 'the wall' on facebook. He had his AIM screenname on his profile (haha stalkerish I know, but im a mason basketball fiend)so i just imed him and wished him the best and let him know they f'ing rock.

wonder how much i could sell his sn for on ebay....haha sike

also, on campus, there are RIDICULOUS amounts of flyers and what not everywhere, the main one i've seen is a green piece of construction paper with a yellow F4 on it...windows on buildings say 'GO MASON' on them, huge with those window marker things.

Well, I'm guessing the University may allow the students, since their are so few of them, to purchase itx at a reduced price.  Seems only logical so that GMU can be well represent in Indianapolis.  I think the NCAA allotts something like 5K to each school.

Mason is getting 3,750 tickets. They sell at face value, not a reduced price. The student body is about 30,000, so it's not like they have enough to give everyone a ticket.

No, but schools usually have a lottery for interested students.

When I was in college, we made it to 3 Final Fours, and the lottery was open to all undergrads and grads. But if you got the tickets (I forget the price, but they were reasonable), that's all the help you got - no airfare, no hotel, no meal money. Considering a last-minute cross-country flight to Seattle, Indianapolis or San Antonio would've run me over $1000 alone, I am richer for not winning the lottery (that, and UNC lost all 3 Final Fours). And the one year I could've afforded to go to the Final Four (at the Meadowlands, 90 minutes from my house), UNC crapped out in the 2nd round. :rolleyes: This was also in the pre-eBay Era, so I couldn't have sold the tickets for huge money on short notice without the internet to help. Still I would've tried to go if I had had the money, to live the experience.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Jigga What? :P

Beat me to it ^_^

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

2 minutes left and it looks Cinderella's glass slipper is going to be smashed on the floor by what seems to be the best team in the tourny in Florida.

I give my props to the Pats for reaching the Final Four as an 11 seed and beating those teams, but you had to know that they were going to run into the better team in the Gators.

Sorry bout the loss AAO, but nonetheless, props to George Mason for their tremendous run in the NCAAs. Proof that sometimes a Mid-Major is worthy on a at-large over a .500 big conference team.

6uXNWAo.png

Just in case you missed it grabbing something to eat between games, Seth Davis just announced Herb Sendek is apparently headed to Arizona State. Can't say that I saw it coming but on the other hand can't say I'm shocked either.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Archived