New Ohio State Jerseys

TheStoicPaisano

No more grey, hard to form an opinion until the authentics show up somewhere.

7-Replica-Jersey-L.jpg

I said it before and I'll say it again...

On Wisconsin! On Wisconsin! Plunge right thru that line! Run the ball clear down the field...

...wait...this is for Ohio State? :rolleyes:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a long time Buckeyes fan, the "new" jersey looks like an old, classic Ohio State jersey to me. The striping on the sleeves is so ingrained in my mind as Ohio State stripes because it's essentially been on their helmets and pants for so long. I really don't understand what the uproar is about - they've integrated a gray stipe on the white uniforms so it isn't totally gone. I thing those that have a problem with the look are probably those that came onboard following the recent championship season.

Are there any other examples of team stripes that are automatically identifiable with that team when they are seen seperate from the uniform? I guess the Steelers jersey stripes come to mind...

As a long time Buckeyes fan, the "new" jersey looks like an old, classic Ohio State jersey to me. The striping on the sleeves is so ingrained in my mind as Ohio State stripes because it's essentially been on their helmets and pants for so long. I really don't understand what the uproar is about - they've integrated a gray stipe on the white uniforms so it isn't totally gone. I thing those that have a problem with the look are probably those that came onboard following the recent championship season.

Are there any other examples of team stripes that are automatically identifiable with that team when they are seen seperate from the uniform? I guess the Steelers jersey stripes come to mind...

the browns.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

I just fired off the following to who I *think* is someone high up enough in the OSU athletics department that it'll get to whatever moron made this decision:

Ms. Henderson,

I apologize if I'm not sending this e-mail to the right person at the university.  If not, I would appreciate it tremendously if you would forward it to whomever the proper recipient is.

Otherwise, I'd like to add mine to what appears to be a long list of Ohio State football fans who are upset at the prospect of the university changing its football uniforms for 2006.  Though a native Ohioan now living in North Carolina, it literally brought a tear to my eye when I saw what would be described here as "those God-awful, uglier than original sin" uniforms.  I don't object to the change due to some alleged tradition tied to the previous design (I've noticed subtle changes at various times since I began following OSU), but simply because the design itself looks horrible.  Could there not have at least been some effort to be original?  To incorporate all the university's colors?  To preserve some ties to previous designs?

I realize one person's e-mail isn't going to change the minds of those responsible for this change, but perhaps my refusal to purchase any more Ohio State-related merchandise or memorabilia (and I suspect, the refusal of thousands of others) will be a small step toward that outcome.  Dollars speak louder than voices in our day and age, but in my case with respect to OSU merchandise, there will be silence from this day forward.

In any event, I thank you for your time and appreciate the opportunity to express my opinion, ignored though it will almost certainly be.

nav-logo.png

During today's scarlet and Gray game the teams wore the old uniforms, which means that it is probably the last time these glorius jerseys will be on the field. I couldn't find pictures.

PvO6ZWJ.png

During today's scarlet and Gray game the teams wore the old uniforms, which means that it is probably the last time these glorius jerseys will be on the field. I couldn't find pictures.

Here ya go:

{26FF8CE2-E2BF-4F6B-8DEE-07473E6F0736}.pobj.MINI.jpg

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

I like the side note by Paul Lukas

Besides, the real story here is that OSU dodged a bullet: The school is outfitted by Nike, which is slowly imposing its wraparound bib design on more and more teams -- including OSU's archrival, Michigan. So relax, Buckeye fans -- it could've been a lot worse.

I saw, I came, I left.

Unbelievable...the gray an red differentiated the Ohio State jerseys. To me they are now on the level of a Georgia, far from the perfect uniform they were.

And what's the problem with that? Are Georgia's uniforms somehow flawed in comparison?

tzch6.jpg

All I can offer is that public outcry can make a difference. As many of you know, Iowa introduced a new logo a few years back, but it never saw the light of day on the football field (or anywhere else, at least in the 'major' sports), largely because coach Kirk Ferentz said it wouldn't early on:

p850142reg.jpg

Compared to the old (and still reigning champ):

B0009Q6GYE.01-A3O8JTBPMT6HM3._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I realize Tressel seems to be on board with this new look, but it can probably be stopped. Every e-mail helps, so good luck.

There was a sideline reporter from ESPN at the spring game and they went to him during sportscenter and he even mentioned the new uniforms. Something to the effect that there were a lot of people at the game hoping they didn't come out in the new duds.

For some reason, I dont think these new unis will make it to the regular season. Surely it can't be that hard to add some grey to the new ones without going back to old cut and material.

Archived