The long awaited Sabres jerseys

Sabrejeff

no, no. theres more than that. and keep in mind, from the way its folded and wrinkled in this shot we STILL cant make out any definitive sleeve, side or base striping. BUT what I have noticed is this...the collar seems to be a hybrid cross between the Wishbone style sported by San Jose, for instance, and the base collar used for lace-ups (with the wishbone element filling in the split the laces would tie together, i hope that makes sense...). I also, judging by the best judgement of the yoke cut, have a sneaking suspicion the road whites will look very similar to the style unis worn by the Peoria Rivermen....

keep in mind, ladies and germs, as soon as these are rolled out and i can get a FULL view of both front and back of the jersey, i will be adding these elements to my hockey template and rolling an updated version of it (shameless plug).

~UJ

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It makes me sad.

Look... from what we see, they could have had a REALLY nice jersey.

I love the colors, could get used to the silver, and I really think the number on the front is pretty cool...

But the logo... ruins it. Absolutely ruins it.

Just another example of the disgustingness of the slug as a logo.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

The way this thing is folded, it's really really hard to decipher what the sleeves are going to look like. If I had to take an educated guess on what the sleeves will look like...I would say it will look like this:

sabressleeve.gif

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

OK people. It's time to give it up. I didn't like the "Buffaslug" when it was leaked, but I have to say it's grown on me. So it isn't like the concepts of people on this board. Just give it a chance. It looks good on the jersey.

Just give it a chance!

Everyone loves a roundel.

The way this thing is folded, it's really really hard to decipher what the sleeves are going to look like. If I had to take an educated guess on what the sleeves will look like...I would say it will look like this:

sabressleeve.gif

Part of the bottom right of the pic I posted is the road jersey overlapping.

sabressleeve.gif

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

If the sleeves look any thing like that we would definitely have ourselves a repeat of the old fishsticks uniform.

If anything I am glad they have the number up there instead of the secondary logo like how it was rumored. That would have looked really dumb having 2 logos on the front!

Just wait until you see the road jersey. Word is no numbers there with the "B-sabre" logo instead and the wordmark is below the logo. If they changed their minds at the last second, I could be wrong.

so there will be 3 b-sabres? 2 on the shoulders and 1 in front? yikes.

If anything I am glad they have the number up there instead of the secondary logo like how it was rumored. That would have looked really dumb having 2 logos on the front!

Just wait until you see the road jersey. Word is no numbers there with the "B-sabre" logo instead and the wordmark is below the logo. If they changed their minds at the last second, I could be wrong.

The final product will not, I just got confirmation today. Thankfully it didn't make the final cut.

The final product will not, I just got confirmation today. Thankfully it didn't make the final cut.

So the B-Sword logo will not be on the front on the aways where the # is on the homes?

saBS.png

So the B-Sword logo will not be on the front on the aways where the # is on the homes?

Nope.

OK people. It's time to give it up. I didn't like the "Buffaslug" when it was leaked, but I have to say it's grown on me. So it isn't like the concepts of people on this board. Just give it a chance. It looks good on the jersey.

Just give it a chance!

I gave it a chance, but dude, it really sucks. For lack of a better word...it SUCKS!

I know I'm not being very eloquent here but shoot, that logo blows!

I have tried to get used to it, but it just makes me angry every time I look at it. I can't believe this was the best they had to choose from. What an embarassment to us fans and the players. At least I have a choice not to wear such garbage, they have to and will have to endure the laughing and mocking everywhere they play this year.

WOW!

The BuffaSlug is the new "NEW COKE".

Obviously this wasn't planned to be a media coup, but the kind of press they are getting is something you jsut can't buy.

This is SPORT not FASHION.

Bottom line is, "money talks". If they put up wins, people won't care what they wear.

WE do, but we're freaks, spending our evenings playing pretends with guys we never met...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

It would be like all the other blanks, I guess. Godd point though. So far the only element of the jersey that differentiates itself from Nashville's jerseys is the front number, and without it, it's just a crummy Preds alt.

Archived