SI.com's 16 worst dressed teams

ZapRowsdower8

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedi.../content.1.html

How can you put some of these teams on this list? The Wild, Coyotes, Panthers, Blue Jackets and Hurricanes all have great unis! Where is Buffalo? (Sabers, the Bills did make the list, thankfully.)

One I know I am in the minority on, but still don't believe should be on the list, the Devil Rays.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a neat feature, but the quips were annoying. So many of them could have been easily substituted for any other. I would have preferred to see actual reasoning as to why they were bad.

I don't especially love the Predators, but I don't think it's awful. And I agree with the above -- the Devil Rays really isn't bad at all. It's actually kind of nice.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The whole thing smacks of "hey, we've gotta have a photo collection so it looks like we have content other than Peter King! Let's run some photos and make snarky comments that make no sense."

SI, you can do - and have done - better.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

That sounds like it was written by a snooty gay fashion designer who's never watched a sporting event in his life, and I therefor take it with a grain of sand (even though I agree with most of the choices). These kind of people don't get that some great uniforms don't necessarily fit with what's hip in the fashion world.

That sounds like it was written by a snooty gay fashion designer who's never watched a sporting event in his life, and I therefor take it with a grain of sand (even though I agree with most of the choices). These kind of people don't get that some great uniforms don't necessarily fit with what's hip in the fashion world.

Even worse. Mr. Blackwell is gay and snooty (and I'm assuming never watched a sporting event) but is merely a fashion critic.

Kinda going off-kilter here: not trying to polarize or politicize anything here, but in showing the CBJ's and the Phoenix Coyotes (who, by the way, have some pretty darn fine sets, by the way), they showed a photo of Anson Carter, who I didn't even know was still in the league. And in the very next photo, a black guy on the Coyotes. Not crying foul for showing brothas playin hockey and showing them in a "worst dressed" compilation (and whoever wrote this really needs to do some better research), I'm just saying it's kinda cool to see the faces of these brothas. Bruh's DO play hockey!

I'm always down for diversification in an arena that's perceived to have very little if none at all. It's also why I like watching guys like Drew Bennet, Brian Finneran, Jeff Samardizja, Matt Jones, and Tim Dwight (if he's still playing), because, well, let's face it--not many white receivers in the NFL. And these is some TALENTED and VERY GOOD players (well Matt would be if he could hold on to a few more balls other than his own).

Just my two cents on what popped into my head there.

Okay, no back to the topic at hand: okay, the Bengals--yeah, I can go along with that. But the JAGS? What's wrong with their look? Please--that's one of the better ones in the NFL. What I wanna know is how he overlooked the Cardinals out west, or--even more blatantly obvious--how in the WORLD did he miss that mangled mess they're wearing up there in Minnesota, the Vikings, that is???

That's what I wanna know...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The only ones I agreed with were the Bills, D-Rays and T-Wolves. Other than that, dude doesn't know WTF he's talking about. Doesn't surprise me to hear that he's an actual fashion critic... he's used to giving props to crap that maybe 2% of the population would even want to wear.

brew.png

The only ones I agreed with were the Bills, D-Rays and T-Wolves. Other than that, dude doesn't know WTF he's talking about. Doesn't surprise me to hear that he's an actual fashion critic... he's used to giving props to crap that maybe 2% of the population would even want to wear.

Evidently, he's never seen the Providence Bruins:

a2_1_b.JPG

I know this is kind of off topic, but what makes the Buffalo Bills uniforms so bad. I think they look good when they are worn right, like blue jerseys with white pants and white jerseys with blue pants. Even the white on white isnt that bad. Other than the blue on blue look, i cant find anything wrong with the uniforms

Magic07.jpg

So I think we all accept that this was a stupid feature that few would agree on. While there are some not-so-great looks on there, a lot of them were just maybe plain, like the Coyotes and Hurricanes. I would think they'd show him some more stuff that is polarizing, like the Bears' orange, etc.

Meh. Mr. Blackwell isn't a lurker on this board, so whatever.

So apparently the Islanders uniforms look like "A painted pumpkin on a pogo stick".

Um...Interesting....

Anyway, there was little commentary, just snide and mostly pointless remarks from someone with no taste in sports design. If your going to criticize, then elaborate on it. He's just proving he has no experience in this field.

i don't agree with half of these teams...more than half...14/16 of em.

what's so bad about the bills btw?

Royal blue + Navy blue = crap

That among the overall design of the uniform which is tacky and unnecessary. Plus the throwbacks make the current uniform look even worse.

Archived