Super Bowl XLII Logo

Mac the Knife

I'm sure that this logo will change, as the miami one did.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah that may be it the Super Bowl XLI came out during SB week last year and an other SB 42 logo floated around earlier that was the host comittee

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Anything associated with the Cardinals turns to coal, let's face it

It also looks like the great state is splitting into 3

Teams don't host it, cities do.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

You people have no imaginations... :P

Keeping in mind that this was scanned from an actual image that would easily fit under the diameter of a nickel...

HERE!

superbowlxlii.jpg

Happy now? :D

The NIFL thinks this is a terrible logo. Seriously :puke:

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

This isn't too bad after all. I was afraid to see what it looked like at first, but after seeing it, I can say that I'm pleased.

Could it have been better??? Yes. Does it make due??? Yes.

All I ask is that when Tampa unveils the XLIII logo, I hope they use a different font for the numerals than XL-XLII.

It looks like they are keeping the same font for the roman numerals. This is not a surprise. The only thing I don't like are the colors. If XLII were in yellow, it would be a sweet logo.

Same "Super Bowl" font as well. Not really that impressed. The colors don't do a whole lot for me.

It also looks like the great state is splitting into 3

The new governor of Northern Arizona will be Jeff Lewis.

And what's with the recent trend of using pastel colors in the SB logo? First this year, now next year. They look like crap when used in a huge patch on a NFL uniform, particularily on traditional ones like the Colts and Bears.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

It's not that bad, there are worse Super Bowl logos, IMO.

I think with Super Bowl XL we entered a new age of Super Logo design. Super Bowls XVII-XXVII all had simple red, white, and blue themed logos with little to no reference to the host location (except for the two Rose Bowl games). From XXVIII-XXXIX we had location themed logos (except for XXXIV, that had more of a Y2K feel).

Now it seems we've re-entered the basic shared elements phase from XVII-XXVII, where the SB logos all use the same elements (colours, fonts) to create different designs.

You people have no imaginations... :P

Keeping in mind that this was scanned from an actual image that would easily fit under the diameter of a nickel...

HERE!

superbowlxlii.jpg

Happy now? :D

i missed in the description fo how much it does look like a snowspeeder from Empire Strikes Back

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

I must say given the tremendous resistance to the logo before most of us even saw it, I expected far worse. Its not nearly as bad I was expecting. I would have hoped they would have made it similar to the logo for Super Bowl XXX, but it was not to be. All in all, not horrendous, but nothing to write home about. The biggest problem I see is that this is just a sign of the continuing cheapening of the league's graphical identities as a whole. Almost all of the major league-wide events, whether it be the Pro Bowl, Draft, or Playoff round logos, have gotten decidely more simplistic and cheap in recent years. this is to say nothing for the fact that a great majority of those logos have been largely unchanged at all. The fact that it now extends to the Super Bowl as well is disappointing. What exactly is going on with the NFL these last few years?

The logo just isn't very good to begin with, but if they'd have colored it with a little inspiration from the Arizona flag and/or the Cardinals (regardless of the fact that teams don't actually host), then you might have gotten one of these.

Niether great, but both improvements, IMO.

superbowl_xlii_test_1.gif

superbowl_xlii_test_2.gif

I don't know what you guys are complaining about. This is the best USFL Championship logo I've ever seen.

Go Blitz!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived