San Diego Charger Uni changes?

webby17

I like the introduction of that powder blue back into the set (even if it is just an outline). I'm not a fan of the "panel" the bolt is on though. It makes the shoulder stripe just stuck on instead of like an element that's supposed to be there.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, why stick with navy, it's the most over-used color there is. Go back to powder for the love of Pete.

Because navy blue might be the only worthwhile contribution that ownership has made to the franchise. It's their "stamp," and they won't relinquish it anytime soon.

Does anybody besides me not liek the white stripe ? Something about it looks wierd. I mean, go ahead and make the bolt yellow - that needs to be done, but why add a pointless white stripe ove rthe shoulder? Looks goofy to me. Hopefully, this is only a teaser and not the final version.....

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Well on the powder blue throwbacks, the bolt on the shoulder is in a white stripe like this. Could be part of their linking of the two sets, like taking parts from both eras.

It's not only the powder blues. Every Chargers uniform set up until the current set has used either a white or yellow stripe to in case the bolt on the blue jerseys. I'm glad it's returning. Just as long as they keep the powder blues untouched for twice a year throwbacks....

The white stripe allows the lighting bolt to be yellow instead of white, which is an upgrade.

For everyone complaining about the white stripe, did you hate the blue stripe on the white jerseys of their most recent set? In order to get a consistent bolt look, one of the two jerseys needs to have a colored stripe.

Edit: Man... the more I think about this, the more I am scared that they are gonna have a Cardinals-style shoulder yoke on the white jersey (so that they can have white stripes on blue just like the blue jersey). I really hope they don't do that.

Wow! If that is the new set then I'm a fan. I will caution people who say that there is powder blue hints in the uni to look closely before getting too excited. I'd love there to be a hint of the powder blue color (ala Bucanneer orange in the current set) but the more I examine the pic the more it just looks like the navy and yellow are bleeding together and causing a powder blue halo to appear....but I hope I'm wrong.

There's definitely a light blue outline. I've been hoping they would do that for about 4 years now.

also, the shoulders of a jersey are usually a different material than the body, so that may be why they look to be a different color.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

though the "powder blue dreams come true" part is throwing me off

I said that mainly because of the majority of the fans that I've talked to, including myself, want the powder blue to come back full time. It is obvious from the picture that there is powder blue between the yellow and and navy on the bolt. It also looks like there is an ouline of powder blue between the white and yellow on the numbers.

I also find it funny that Jim Steeg made it a point to say that the changes would not involve powder blue.

DucksCupSig.png

ChargersSig4.gif

I am dying to see the rest of it, but yeah, the white collar is more distracting than anything else. I'm sure Reebok is happy cuz their stupid logo gets to sit alone and not compete with the numbers anymore. However, this type of uni top modernly deals with the "no sleeves" issue we often talk about. They don't try to force anything on there.

I'm not in love with the wordmark. The font is almost too "friendly". The H and Rs are almost cute-sy. It's ok, though. It kinda breaks the newer NFL trend of stretching out the letters, like the Falcons, Texans, Seahawks, Bengals, Broncos, Cardinals, etc.

I absolutely love these (so far). Looks like a great change to me. I think more teams need to go in this direction when changing their uniforms. (Throwback feel witha modern twist.)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived