2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs Official Thread

jkrdevil

(2) New Jersey vs. (4) Ottawa

goodnight ottawa....

...what, too soon?

{I still have a beef with NJ for the conference finals in '01, but ottawa was more recent}

If Ottawa loses then I'm going for Vancouver. Aside from the fact that they're from Canada, they have no sentimental value to me. I went for Atlanta first and foremost because they're the home team and my favorite team, I went for Calgary because I've been a fan of the Flames for years, and I'm going for Ottawa solely because of Ray Emery (and a little bit because of Dany Heatley). So yeah, the only reason I'd go for Vancouver is because I want a team from Canada to finally win the frickin Cup.

So yeah, GO SENS GO.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as much as im rooting for Vancouver my pick is Dallas in game 7.

Scoring one goal ought to do it.

[Tim McCarver] The Canucks are 0-3 when they don't score a goal so far this postseason. [/Tim McCarver]

[Tim McCarver] In hockey the team that scores more wins the game[/Tim McCarver]

Truly the John Madden of hockey.

Dont insult John Madden he rules hockey and hes going to knock the Senators out of session.

2006-11-07-devils.jpg

I was talking about the John Madden who said "The reason the Falcons have a good defence is because they play well on defence." :P

No thats Islanders fans for you, that is why the one thing Devils and Rangers fans agree on is that the Islanders have some of the most annoying fans.

Hey Tank, at least the Islanders HAVE FANS. Devils supposedly the best team in the league and they can't sell out there building. We know where we stand in the NHL. I can see it now Newark will be a ghost town.

Hmmm, Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Last I checked the Devils had better attendance than the Islanders (The Isles were dead last) and averaged about double the TV ratings than what the Islanders averaged. Not saying what the Devils had was great but it was better than the Islanders.

You didn't read the whole thing however short the post was. When I said "We know were we stand in the NHL." It means were resigned to that fact already. The New Jersey Devils are supposed to be one of the top teams in the league

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

It was a great first round and it all ends tonight!

The Stars/Canucks and Flames/Red Wings series were easily the most entertaining!

Second round looks pretty interesting in the east. I predict Stars win tonight, setting up a Stars/Red Wings and a Ducks/Sharks series out west, with Versus and NBC paying a lot of attention to the Detroit/Dallas matchup.

SWEET! the canucks are wearing their vintage alternates tonight for game 7!

i just saw a 2 second clip.

Or as Don Cherry called them "ugly powder blue informs" ^_^

What a relief though, Henrik Sedin was able to get a power play goal and now we're in for a great game 7 third period tied at 1-1.

SWEET! the canucks are wearing their vintage alternates tonight for game 7!

i just saw a 2 second clip.

Or as Don Cherry called them "ugly powder blue informs" ^_^

What a relief though, Henrik Sedin was able to get a power play goal and now we're in for a great game 7 third period tied at 1-1.

If anybody knows ugly clothing it's Don Cherry.

Congrats to the Refs on their game 7 victory. Way to ruin a great game.

(Not saying the refs cost Dallas, it's just the penalty fest to show the league will call penalties in the 3rd period of a game 7 ruined the game).

I agree JKR, they were terrible.

Wow, what a relief, after the first it sure looked like we were going to blow another 3-1 series, but we really came together. Luey really deserved this one. Great job guys, can't wait for the Ducks...on Wednesday!

Congrats to the Refs on their game 7 victory. Way to ruin a great game.

(Not saying the refs cost Dallas, it's just the penalty fest to show the league will call penalties in the 3rd period of a game 7 ruined the game).

Marty Turco letting in a goal cost them as well.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived