New NFL Logo

Waffles

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad, it would be better with the old font.

Now that the NFL and NHL have updated their (already good) logos recently, how much longer before the NBA and Major League Baseball update their silhouette logos? The NBA's is alright, I suppose, but the MLB logo seems really dated to me. It seems more like the logo of an [inter]national sport governing body than a single league (which I guess is what MLB still wants to look like, but unfortunately isn't). Though I'd like to see something new, I don't think I trust the current MLB administration to create a logo that we'd be stuck with for 30-40 years.

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Horrible. Whoever designed this, is a moron and has no clue on design. The NFL in the old one flows with the design, the new "NFL" looks clunky and forced. Clunky is never a good thing in a design. It doesn't matter what they did with the stars and the ball, your eye is drawn to the red of the letters and because that's poorly designed, it's an "F" in my mind. Horrible.

Horrible. Whoever designed this, is a moron and has no clue on design. The NFL in the old one flows with the design, the new "NFL" looks clunky and forced. Clunky is never a good thing in a design. It doesn't matter what they did with the stars and the ball, your eye is drawn to the red of the letters and because that's poorly designed, it's an "F" in my mind. Horrible.

So are you saying that you don't like the logo? ^_^

In defense of the designer(s) of the modernized NFL logo, I'm pretty sure that they had very very strict guidelines of which to work in. I can imagine that the NFL and any other major sports organization is extremely protective of their identity and how it is represented. I bet that in the end the finished approved logo we are seeing was a compromise between the league and the designers.

I still think that the new font is awkward looking, but what else would you put in there? I'm racking my brain trying to think how else I would have done it...and I can't come up with a better font other than the old one.

Like many others, I'm fine with everything but the font. Take those letters off the shield (like for the Network) and it doesn't say NFL like the old ones did. It actually looks a bit like a cheap imitation on an eBay knockoff or something.

Sure, the old font is outdated, but it was unique.

shield.jpg

?NFL vendors will probably thank the league for switching to fewer stars. Some vendors, without permission, have used fewer stars rather than shoehorning 25 tiny stars into smaller shields on hats and T-shirts.

... But will it not make it easier for KNOCK-OFFS??

overall, I'll say it's an upgrade,

Darker colours = Cool.

Burger gone = Good

Tie-in to Lombardi Trophy = Good

New Font = Cheezy Cheap Bad...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Meh..... what's with the major sports leagues changing their logos? First the NHL shield and now this.... I don't know why they feel like they have to do this (well I do somewhat..... $$$$), but it's not like this league is going for a dramatic image overhaul like the NHL after the lockout was. And even then I was opposed to the new shield (although I like the new NHL one better now). I just don't see anything wrong with the NFL's current shield (unless this is a response to all those criminals, but that wouldn't make sense)

espnsig.gif

its an evolved classic.

nothing should be branded as untouchable. Keep it fresh yet familiar. If it starts to look old, clean it up and it will look like new again.

This is where you and i will forever disagree.

There is nothing wrong with the NFL logo of today. Why mess with it? THey havn't really "changed" anything... so why touch it at all? Makes no sense. All they did was downgrade one of the most classic and identifiable league marks in the world.

Boo.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived