Official MLB Playoff Thread

Nick 1733

It's been ages since the Rockies have won a home postseason game -- though I really hope the Phils can come back in the top half.

Wrong Will, it couldn't have been 'ages' when it never happened in the first place.

:P

I think Will's referencing the NHL's Colorado Rockies....

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No on that count to the NHL's Rockies only made one playoff appearance and they lost two straight to the Flyers in 1980.

In fact the Scouts/Rockies/Devils did not win a playoff game until 1988.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think I want the Rockies to win, but it might be problematic because we will have Tim McCarver going on and on and on and on and on about the sconce of the humidor. It will be more repeative then Frank TV promos.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think I want the Rockies to win, but it might be problematic because we will have Tim McCarver going on and on and on and on and on about the sconce of the humidor. It will be more repeative then Frank TV promos.

Fox does not have the NLCS.

1997 | 2003

BTW, Chip Carey is an awful play by play announcer. When Mussina came into relief he said this was his first relief appearance. Did he forget Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS when he came into game if relieve Clemens? That was a pretty big appearance. He came on a saved the game for the Yankees which they came back to win on a famous HR. I understand the National broadcasters are not going to know every little detail about the teams but you have to know that it came in a big post-season game just a few years ago.

Well, with my Angels taking a 7am tee time this week, it appears as though I'm officially one of the following now:

- Sizemormon

- Garkoleptic

- Hafnerd

- Peraltar Boy (maybe not so much this'n :D )

I generally don't wish harm on anyone, but I wouldn't at all be upset if C.C. puts a fastball through Manny's skull. It's not out of bitterness - I just don't like Manny Ramirez...I really never have.

Archived