Official MLB Playoff Thread

Nick 1733

It's funny... I expected the Tribe/Sox Series to be tied 1-1. I guess just not in this way. Beckett is the only one who pitched up to his billing. Sabathia and Carmona are just flat-out walking way too many guys. Schilling and Carmona both put their bull pen in a tough spot last night... this morning. It seems that both line-up's can work a pitcher. We'll see what happens now. It seems that now this series has just gotten a lot harder to predict. The pitching performances seem to have added a wrinkle to what we thought we would see. It would be nice to see a 2-1 score played in about 2hrs 25min. Although, with Matsuzaka and Westbrook going.... look out!

The Rockies really look like a "Team of Destiny"... as cheezy as that sounds. Maybe they won't win the World Series. It's just awesome to see a team catch fire like this... especially at the end of the season and in the Play-Offs.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to ask. Are Red Sox fans at Fenway Park incredibly stupid or just a little too passionate? They lost their :censored:-ing minds every time the Red Sox got an out on simple plays like a ground ball out or a routine fly ball. They screamed like little girls any time a Sox player hit a ball into the outfield. A perfect example was when Ortiz fouled a pitch down the left field line and the crowd went crazy. The ball was clearly foul the minute it left the bat. Then the minute the Indians took the lead everyone left.

There's home field advantage and then there is overreacting to everything and looking like you have no clue. I just thought that for one of the most "knowledgeable" fan bases in baseball they looked awfully stupid at times last night. I am wondering if the real Red Sox fans get to go to the playoff games or if it's just suits, celebrities, and rich folks being fashionable.

BB52Big.jpg

I really thought this series, Dbacks Rockies was gonna be better than this, Well i Mean , it's great for me, but i thought it was gonna be a close serier each game, everything...Go Rockies!

I wonder if Eric Byrnes still thinks the D-Backs have outplayed the Rockies... ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

Byrnes subscribes to the T.J. Houshmandzadeh philosophy after the Bengals lost today he laid this nugget out "I say it every week that we're losing to teams that aren't as good as we are."

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I have to ask. Are Red Sox fans at Fenway Park incredibly stupid or just a little too passionate? They lost their :censored:-ing minds every time the Red Sox got an out on simple plays like a ground ball out or a routine fly ball. They screamed like little girls any time a Sox player hit a ball into the outfield. A perfect example was when Ortiz fouled a pitch down the left field line and the crowd went crazy. The ball was clearly foul the minute it left the bat. Then the minute the Indians took the lead everyone left.

There's home field advantage and then there is overreacting to everything and looking like you have no clue. I just thought that for one of the most "knowledgeable" fan bases in baseball they looked awfully stupid at times last night. I am wondering if the real Red Sox fans get to go to the playoff games or if it's just suits, celebrities, and rich folks being fashionable.

Indians fans just got a curtain call on a 2nd inning Home Run. I'd say they're not too much better at this point.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm thinking that it will be a World Series between the Indians and the Rockies.

I'm feeling that my Red Sox are suddenly cold... :(

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Indians fans just got a curtain call on a 2nd inning Home Run. I'd say they're not too much better at this point.

Yeah, but what team doesn't?

There's a difference between a curtain call for a home run and losing your :censored:-ing mind over an obvious foul ball.

BB52Big.jpg

There's a difference between a curtain call for a home run and losing your :censored:-ing mind over an obvious foul ball.

Trust me, Indians fans haven't been any different than Red Sox fans so far. And a second inning curtain call is ridiculous... outside of Yankee Stadium, ya don't see it very often. And I don't know what play you're talking about but fans will often cheer a nice catch by a fan, so that may have been the case on said foul ball.

IUe6Hvh.png

Dice-K's well on his way to being a bust. And this isn't just an overreaction to his performance tonight, I've come to this conclusion over the last couple weeks. He's shown absolutely no signs of improvement this season -- the control we'd heard so much about appeared to be as big of a myth as his "gyroball". He just can't throw strikes consistently, and his stuff isn't as advertised either. You can point to some parallels between this, his rookie year, and Beckett's first year in Boston, but they really are only statistically -- Beckett's problem was pitch selection, not his control or his "stuff".

4-0 Cleveland by the way. The bottom of the Red Sox order is a black hole and are making Jake freaking Westbrook look like Cy Young.

IUe6Hvh.png

Dice-K out of the ball game down by 4.

If your the Red Sox you have to throw Beckett out for game 4 no matter what happens the rest of this game.

1. If Cleveland holds on to win the Red Sox will be down 2-1 and don't think they would want to throw a knuckleballer out there for game 4 with the possibility of falling down 3-1.

2. At this point (even if the Red Sox comeback to win this game) you have to figure this is going to be a long series. Bringing back Beckett in game 4 allows him to pitch Game 7 on full rest (because of the extra off day) if it gets that far. If not the only option Dice-K you has struggled in the second half had hasn't gone 5 inning this postseason.

Beckett had to pitch tomorrow for Boston especially if Cleveland hold on to win tonight. If he doesn't Francona is an idiot. Of course as a Red Sox hater I'm hoping to see Wakfield out there tomorrow night.

Trust me, Indians fans haven't been any different than Red Sox fans so far. And a second inning curtain call is ridiculous... outside of Yankee Stadium, ya don't see it very often. And I don't know what play you're talking about but fans will often cheer a nice catch by a fan, so that may have been the case on said foul ball.

Whatever. They sounded like idiots to me.

BB52Big.jpg

Dice-K's well on his way to being a bust. And this isn't just an overreaction to his performance tonight,

Yeah, Red Sox fans never overreact to anything. Did you spend too much money for him? Absolutely. Calling him a bust may be overstating it a little. Call him what he is, a decent 3rd or 4th starter.

6-4-3. Outta that little jam.

BB52Big.jpg

Dice-K's well on his way to being a bust. And this isn't just an overreaction to his performance tonight,

Yeah, Red Sox fans never overreact to anything. Did you spend too much money for him? Absolutely. Calling him a bust may be overstating it a little. Call him what he is, a decent 3rd or 4th starter.

6-4-3. Outta that little jam.

Ugh... that strike one to Manny was six inches off the plate. Regardless, Manny's at fault for yet another double play.

Hate to break it to you, you don't spend $100 million on a 3rd or 4th starter. It's not an issue if the guys just not getting the results, but he hasn't been able to find the strike zone all season. And I never called him a bust... I said he's well on his way.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived