UFL logo

Wellsandt

I claim Lammy's bedroom. I don't know why, but I do.

Ew. Back in your cage.

I am pretty much calling dibs on Atlanta and all of Texas.

nuh-uh. i get texas & oklahoma

You can have Dallas, but I have the rest. I called DIBS!

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I claim Lammy's bedroom. I don't know why, but I do.

Ew. Back in your cage.

nuh-uh. i get texas & oklahoma

You can have Dallas, but I have the rest. I called DIBS!

you get everything below the nueces, i'll take evrything above. and DIBS on oklahoma & louisiana

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

So atlanta has been claimed? Then I present to everyone...

The Atlanta Krunk Wolverines of Anaheim.

Atlanta Krunk Wolverines of Anaheim?

YOZXkBG.png?1

Geez, what did I start? If I had known people would claim entire swaths of the country, I wouldn't have limited myself to the Lehigh Valley. As the founder of this league, I think I should have right of first refusal with regard to all markets. I'll have my list ready for the initial press conference.

I wonder what happens if they get an outright lousy "buy rate" across the board? If the top eight cities average, say, 100 of these reservations apiece, then will it dawn on them that they're throwing money down a hole?

You're missing the brilliance in the plan. Until the plug is pulled, they will be earning interest on all of those deposits. It's genius, I tell you.

Yeah, but will the 12 cents they earn be worth it?

And I call dibs on the commissioner's chair. You guys are going to need a front man. LOL

I'm figuring on earning $150-200 easy.

You can be the commissioner, since we can use your expertise on defunct football leagues. As your compensation, you can have all of North Carolina.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I'm claiming western Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, eastern Kentucky and Tennessee, and northern Georgia.

Not so fast my friend. I have Metro Atlanta, which includes north Georgia. Considering I am giving up Texas, North Georgia is mine!

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

You people are making a complete and utter traveshamockery of this fine league.

I am out, but I am keeping my territorial rights. From hereon in, you will all pay me 1/7 of your total revenues until such time as I, or my estate, decide to place a team into one of my claimed areas. If a team is placed in one of my reserved territories, I will claim 1/6 of your total revenues.

It is only fair, and the best course of action lest you all want me to found an upstart league to battle this one.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Had any of you been to see a World Bowl, you'd know for a fact American football can work there. you just need the right cities to make it happen and competent people to make it happen. The NFL screwed up big time. Give me Bologna/Milan, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Vienna and believe it or not Budapest.

Had any of you been to see a World Bowl, you'd know for a fact American football can work there. you just need the right cities to make it happen and competent people to make it happen. The NFL screwed up big time. Give me Bologna/Milan, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Vienna and believe it or not Budapest.

I doubt the nature of the cities had much to do with it.

quote from John Clayton's article: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...&id=2900371

"The biggest reason NFL Europa is dying a silent death is it has lost its luster as a developmental league. For years, I have endorsed the need for a developmental league. The NFL cycle is fast and a lot of players slip through the cracks. First-round quarterbacks wash out after 50 starts if they aren't winning. What happens to them? If only six receivers make an NFL team, what happens to the rest of them? While the Arena Football League and the Canadian Football League offer job opportunities for some of the failures, neither one of them can be considered a developmental league that is preparing players for the NFL. There needs to be some way to keep a talent pool fresh and available for NFL teams.

The World League of American Football and NFL Europe had the right idea at the beginning, but NFL Europa doesn't have a chance. The landscape has changed too much since 1991. First, and most importantly, there are 32 teams and eight-man practice squads in the NFL right now. Teams keep their draft choices around the facility year-round for at least two years, so only the rawest players are getting a chance to go overseas to get coaching. General managers are only going to allocate draft choices that are expendable to NFL Europa."

The main problem is that they were peddling a sub-par version of a stellar American product in a far away land where you need top talent to ensure interest in the game. Throw in the mounting costs of operating oversees and you have a no-win situation.

I'm claiming western Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, eastern Kentucky and Tennessee, and northern Georgia.

Not so fast my friend. I have Metro Atlanta, which includes north Georgia. Considering I am giving up Texas, North Georgia is mine!

OK, fair enough.

I will stop at the Tennessee/Georgia line.

Archived