Players in the "wrong" uniforms

On 6/3/2019 at 9:38 PM, mcj882000 said:

I'd be very surprised if this hasn't been posted here already, but since he's currently playing in the Stanley Cup Finals: 

cut.jpg

Zdeno Chara in his rookie season; he played 25 games with the Islanders in 1997-98, their 3rd & last season in the notorious fishstick jerseys. I may be wrong, but unless there's someone I'm forgetting, Chara is the final active player who wore those things in a game.

(as I typed this post Chara blocked a shot with his mouth and had to leave the game... Fisherman's curse? 😮)

Do you have a pic of this guy in the actual Gorton’s jersey?

• Like 1

spacer.png

2 hours ago, BShaw20 said:

Do you have a pic of this guy in the actual Gorton’s jersey?

Not likely. Chara first played in the 1997-98 season. The fisherman logo was retired after the 96-97 season. The 97-98 season, they wore the fisherman jerseys with the classic logo exclusively. I doubt there's even a picture of him with a jersey at the draft since he went in the third round.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

This happened too:

robert-parish-of-the-chicago-bulls-shoot

Yet, I’m fine with it, because it’s at least a traditional jersey design and colors. Odd, but not as jarring as him in a Hornets’ jersey.

• Like 2

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

10 hours ago, kimball said:

Yet, I’m fine with it, because it’s at least a traditional jersey design and colors. Odd, but not as jarring as him in a Hornets’ jersey.

I'm in agreement with you. It was certainly less jarring than the Hornets uniform, which made it seem like he was a middle-aged person trying to masquerade as a high schooler.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Satomiblood said:

I'm in agreement with you. It was certainly less jarring than the Hornets uniform, which made it seem like he was a middle-aged person trying to masquerade as a high schooler.

EXACTLY!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

It reminds me of a 45 year old Charlie Hough wearing teal in 1993.

5vKJUb6.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

I had similar thoughts about a lady I saw on the bus a few days back...like a high schooler or coed got hit by an aging beam while she was waiting.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Two teammates who belong in BC Lions orange, but both wearing green this year.

Solomon Elimimian spent all 7 of his prior CFL seasons as a BC Lion.  Now with the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

spacer.png

Emmanuel Arceneaux spent all 8 of his prior CFL seasons with the Lions.  Still not used to seeing him in Roughrider green this year.

spacer.png

• Like 1