Players in the "wrong" uniforms

33 minutes ago, 1insaneguy said:

EDIT: Realized I should probably explain that he was the longest tenured Washington Capital in the franchise's history. 

How so? There are 8 other players who played more games for the Caps than Laich.

12 minutes ago, Echo said:

How so? There are 8 other players who played more games for the Caps than Laich.

Crap, you're right. Looks like I really am going insane because I was going off the fact that he was the longest tenured Capitals player on the team at the time he was traded. (Which was about 3 years ago.) My bad, I'll fix it. 

• Like 1

While Pau Gasol’s right uniforms are the Grizzlies and Lakers, he was still a respectable and serviceable NBA player for the Bulls and Spurs. He played 3 games with the Bucks this season but got hurt before the playoffs started. Doubt we’ll see much more of him in the NBA. Tough to see anyone recalling his Bucks stint in a few years time 

spacer.png

• Like 5
07Giants.pngnyy.png

2 hours ago, 1insaneguy said:

Since he retired today I thought I'd post this (as much as it pains me): 

Ladies and gentlemen, Martin Erat on the Washington Capitals 

Related image

This clown is proof that George McPhee was an idiot.  Erat for Forsberg was an epically bad trade, even at the time it went down.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LuvTheNats said:

This clown is proof that George McPhee was an idiot.  Erat for Forsberg was an epically bad trade, even at the time it went down.

George McPhee is one of the most overrated GMs of all time. I don't care what anyone says. 

Oh well, at least he's trading away a different franchise's future now. 

• Like 1

I'd be very surprised if this hasn't been posted here already, but since he's currently playing in the Stanley Cup Finals: 

cut.jpg

Zdeno Chara in his rookie season; he played 25 games with the Islanders in 1997-98, their 3rd & last season in the notorious fishstick jerseys. I may be wrong, but unless there's someone I'm forgetting, Chara is the final active player who wore those things in a game.

(as I typed this post Chara blocked a shot with his mouth and had to leave the game... Fisherman's curse? 😮)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...