Players in the "wrong" uniforms

5 hours ago, charger77 said:

Yeah, because we remeber that Norris victory with the Islanders and captianing the Senators to the Cup.

He was a big part of the Battle of Ontario in the early 2000s as a Senator. Maybe you're too young to remember? Either way, he played 8 (EIGHT) seasons with those two teams and he has always been the tallest player in the NHL so it's not like he was a complete unknown on those teams, and by the time he got to Ottawa he was a very solid D-man. He doesn't really belong in this thread, sorry.

30 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

He was a big part of the Battle of Ontario in the early 2000s as a Senator. Maybe you're too young to remember? Either way, he played 8 (EIGHT) seasons with those two teams and he has always been the tallest player in the NHL so it's not like he was a complete unknown on those teams, and by the time he got to Ottawa he was a very solid D-man. He doesn't really belong in this thread, sorry.

Whatever

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

5 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Wayne Gretzky played for 4 teams, too, but are you going to argue that him in a Blues uniform isn't wrong.  It's not like Chara is going to play another 10 years as a Capital.  He's probably done after this season or at the very least, within the next couple of seasons.

In the old NBA, guys like MJ and Bird and Magic stayed with one team (though all of them had abbreviated careers in one way or another).

In the new NBA, guys at that level -- like LeBron, KD, Kawhi, Kyrie, Russ (well, kind of) -- are far more likely to bounce around. Each of those three have played on at least three teams. NBA contracts and winning are both treated so much differently now than they were during the 80s and 90s, and it's interesting how quickly we've adapted to generational players having so much movement.

All of that to say that I don't think the modern NBA really qualifies for "wrong uniform" anymore.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

31 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Westbrook.jpg

Wrong team AND wrong number

In recent years, I’ve become desensitized to the NBA in regards to wrong team and right team. There’s so much fluctuation in rosters that most players lost the privilege to even have a wrong or right team.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, M4One said:

Wayne Gretzky played for 4 teams, too, but are you going to argue that him in a Blues uniform isn't wrong.  It's not like Chara is going to play another 10 years as a Capital.  He's probably done after this season or at the very least, within the next couple of seasons.

I dunno buddy, I don't think those two players/situations are comparable at all so let's just respectfully agree to disagree. Too many factors involved, it's all very subjective

2 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I dunno buddy, I don't think those two players/situations are comparable at all so let's just respectfully agree to disagree. Too many factors involved, it's all very subjective

Actually those situations are very comparable. It’s like a fun fact that Gretzky played for the Blues. It’ll be the same for Chara. I definitely think of Boston when I think of Chara. Just like how most people think of Edmonton or Los Angeles for Gretzky. 

Sure it’s somewhat subjective, but also for a guy who played 14 seasons in one city, and captained that team to the Cup, anything seems a little like the wrong uniform...

• Like 4

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Chara was a Bruin for 14 seasons, during which he captained them to a Stanley Cup win and two other finals appearances. Before that he was an Islander for three and a half (so long ago he debuted in the gd fishsticks template(!)) and a Senator for four plus the lockout year - YMMV on whether or not those two fit in this thread. Him playing a year or two at the end of his career as a low line minute-filler for the Capitals definitely fits this thread.

• Like 12
1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...