Players in the "wrong" uniforms

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't check all 47 pages, so this may already be posted, but here's one I've never seen before today. In researching it, it looks like Trottier had dual citizenship and went from playing with Canada in the '81 Canada cup, to playing for the U.S. in the '84 Canada cup. I know Brett Hull often gets accused of being traitorous, but it seems like Trottier's "offense" is even worse.

4397_1.jpg

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

I didn't check all 47 pages, so this may already be posted, but here's one I've never seen before today. In researching it, it looks like Trottier had dual citizenship and went from playing with Canada in the '81 Canada cup, to playing for the U.S. in the '84 Canada cup. I know Brett Hull often gets accused of being traitorous, but it seems like Trottier's "offense" is even worse.

4397_1.jpg

I know people that still don't like Trottier because of that.

Some of them cheered against Pittsburgh when Trottier was a Penguin.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

4397_1.jpg

I know people that still don't like Trottier because of that.

Some of them cheered against Pittsburgh when Trottier was a Penguin.

What's the story behind this? Did he switch just because he wanted to or did he not make the Canadian team?

PvO6ZWJ.png

I have a lot, some of them may have been posted but i didn't see them.

Giguere with the Whalers & Flames

giguerehw90.jpg

giguerecf90.jpg

Arturs Irbe with Vancouver

irbevc90.jpg

Igor Larianov with New Jersey

9450.jpg

Tomas Vokoun with Montreal (played 1 game)

vokounmc90.jpg

Cristobal Huet with Los Angeles

huetlak2k.jpg

Tommy Salo with Colorado

salo.jpg

Coming soon:

p5768460reg.jpg

You do realize that Michael Vick in any uniform that isn't prison-issued orange is going to be considered a "wrong" uniform in the eyes of many, right?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

p5768460reg.jpg

I wonder how many of those they are selling.

I saw them in stores on Saturday. Didn't look like anyone was rushing to buy them. I'm half surprised that none of these johnny-come-lately protesters aren't boycotting the stores selling the jerseys. Other than just to make a statement about supporting the man, there's no real reason to buy his jersey, since he'll be suspended for at least the first two games, and there's no guarantee he'll play much after that (and that's assuming he keeps to the promises he's made about being reformed.) I think many are taking the "wait and see" approach.

EDIT: not sure if it's possible, but the team could make themselves look a little better by donating money from Vick merchandise to the humane society. That still wouldn't get the nutjob picketers to buy any, but at least the team wouldn't look like it's just doing this to sell some jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I do recall a huge rant he had while he was with the Sens after a game against the Maple Leafs during the 2000 playoffs.

Was that after he two-handed and broke Yanic Perreault's arm for absolutely no reason? That may have been during the regular season

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Don Beaupre, Ottawa Senators

beaupreos90.jpg

Don Beaupre, Toronto Maple Leafs

beaupretml90.jpg

Don Beaupre...there's a name I never thought I'd see again...

I know I have that Upper Deck Leafs card though...I wish I had a scanner, because I'm unemployed and after I take my CPA exam on Wednesday I'd love to go through my old hockey card drawer and share some of what I find...

Now I'll probably just do that and withhold it.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps