Players in the "wrong" uniforms

No pic just yet, but Modano is said to have accepted an offer for a one year deal with the Red Wings. I just can't imagine him not wearing Green and yellow/gold

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Modano hasn't worn a green or gold jersey in ages.

He didn't say the jersey was green or gold. Nitpick fail.

How silly of me to assume he meant Dallas' undetectable green and gold trim. Nitpick fail nitpicker.

You didn't think maybe he was referring to the main team colors he's worn for 20 years?

Way to put your captian in a replica:

toews-conn-smythe.jpg?w=203&h=300

This reminds me - I was watching the 2010 Stanley Cup Champions DVD and I noticed that during the parade, some of the players were wearing replicas and some players were wearing authentic jerseys. It was pretty obvious too - the film crew would be filming above the shoulders, so you could see the sleeve patches fairly clearly.

330zl3b.png

15wkx09.jpg

And

96hitc.jpg

I guess after the whole "Retired or not" thing, he forgot which green team he played for. Then after another "Retired or not" fiasco, he returned to the NFC North, but he forgot which NFC North team he was on.

Not to mention I'm still pissed couldn't play for crap as a Jet.

^ Jason Taylor...big time mistake for the Skins.

87Redskins.png

No pic just yet, but Modano is said to have accepted an offer for a one year deal with the Red Wings. I just can't imagine him not wearing Green and yellow/gold

He wore a Green one last in the 07 playoffs. He's never worn a gold jersey.

How silly of me to assume he meant Dallas' undetectable green and gold trim. Nitpick fail nitpicker.

You didn't think maybe he was referring to the main team colors he's worn for 20 years?

Are these green? With yellow/gold on them? I can't tell.

modo.jpg

mike-modano.jpg

bufg.png

Are these green? With yellow/gold on them? I can't tell.

modo.jpg

They look red to me. Also, and unrelated, I didn't know Joel McHale was a hockey fan (over his shoulder).

How about... Shaq in a Raptors jersey?

shaq-raptors.jpg

When was this?

Yeah, what the hell is that? Does Shaq just show up for random photo shots to see how he?d look in everyone?s uniforms? thicon_lol.gif

That was in mid-2008 based from my research in Google. By the way, that really looks terrible.

shaq-raptors.jpg

When was this?

Yeah, what the hell is that? Does Shaq just show up for random photo shots to see how he’d look in everyone’s uniforms? thicon_lol.gif

That was in mid-2008 based from my research in Google. By the way, that really looks terrible.

Remember that one time Hakeem Olajuwon tried on a Raptors jersey?

gallery_17_olajuwon.jpg

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

shaq-raptors.jpg

When was this?

Yeah, what the hell is that? Does Shaq just show up for random photo shots to see how he?d look in everyone?s uniforms? thicon_lol.gif

Remember that one time Hakeem Olajuwon tried on a Raptors jersey?

gallery_17_olajuwon.jpg

At least Hakeem didn?t have man-boobs! thicon_biggrin.gif

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

shaq-raptors.jpg

When was this?

At this point, I think it's league mandated. This way ESPN, the NBA, and websites already have the graphics to use upon his signing. The only thing that reporters have to wrap their head around is the catchy nickname he gets in the next city.

• 2 weeks later...