Colts' podium helmet logo

Joshawaggie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if that is new, but I wouldn't read too much into it. When I was about 5, I had a pair of Baltimore Colts Super Bowl Champions pajamas (yeah, I'm that old) that had a picture of a blue helmet. Needless to say, the real helmet hasn't changed in the interim.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The Colts seem to have a vested interest in preserving their uniform heritage (sock stripes aside).

Yeah, except for when they decided to sport those horrid blue pants during the Harbaugh era.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1383/119499...ab61f2c9b_o.jpg

Those were awful. I hope they never decide to "throwback" to that era ever again. Man, I'm also glad they got rid of the blue facemask. Just a bad idea.

The Colts seem to have a vested interest in preserving their uniform heritage (sock stripes aside).

Yeah, except for when they decided to sport those horrid blue pants during the Harbaugh era.

Those were awful. I hope they never decide to "throwback" to that era ever again. Man, I'm also glad they got rid of the blue facemask. Just a bad idea.

Ok, I'll admit I'm one of maybe..... oh, 5 fans out there that actually liked the blue pants. (yes, I know GASP!)

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

That was a while ago. I was thinking more recently, when they went back to the great facemasks and (supposedly) a more traditional shade of blue.

I loved the blue pants and blue facemasks as well. It gave them a more modern look.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I'm with the others.

Their uniforms and logo are too dated, at least throw some variety into it.

I'm not big into change for alot of my favorite teams, for example I wish the Giants hadn't gone back to the NY and like the old Bulls pimary logo better, but with alot of other teams I like to see change.

I hate how everyone is like, oh it's so historic, we can't touch it or add anything.

Well the NHL f'ed that up with RBK Edge, so now nothing is sacred.

anti.png

I'm with the others.

Their uniforms and logo are too dated, at least throw some variety into it.

I'm not big into change for alot of my favorite teams, for example I wish the Giants hadn't gone back to the NY and like the old Bulls pimary logo better, but with alot of other teams I like to see change.

I hate how everyone is like, oh it's so historic, we can't touch it or add anything.

Well the NHL f'ed that up with RBK Edge, so now nothing is sacred.

No reason to touch it or add anything - and not because they're historic, but because they're PERFECT.

Why mess with perfection? The look is timeless. What possibly could they add that would "modernize" it, yet still look cool 20 years from now? Absolutely NOTHING.

I don't think the Colts would just put that out in the open if they were going to switch helmets. I think the only thing they need to do with their uniforms is put two stripes on the helmet to match the rest of the uniform. The blue facemask (maybe even white) and striped socks would be nice too.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I don't think the Colts would just put that out in the open if they were going to switch helmets. I think the only thing they need to do with their uniforms is put two stripes on the helmet to match the rest of the uniform. The blue facemask (maybe even white) and striped socks would be nice too.

I'd actually like to see one stripe on the pant to match the helmet but keep the jersey with 2 stripes.

No blue pants, no blue helmet.

That was a while ago. I was thinking more recently, when they went back to the great facemasks and (supposedly) a more traditional shade of blue.

More traditional?

Well, since the PANTONE color they went with wasn't added to the PANTONE Matching System palette until 1991, I would say no.

I don't know if that is new, but I wouldn't read too much into it. When I was about 5, I had a pair of Baltimore Colts Super Bowl Champions pajamas (yeah, I'm that old) that had a picture of a blue helmet. Needless to say, the real helmet hasn't changed in the interim.

Well Lep, you know how accurate those 70's era Sears PJ's were. But you are right though, I still have beer glasses in the same style, with a blue helmet.

Or are you really old and had PJ's with the blue helmet with the horse shoes on the back? :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

No reason to touch it or add anything - and not because they're historic, but because they're PERFECT.

Why mess with perfection? The look is timeless. What possibly could they add that would "modernize" it, yet still look cool 20 years from now? Absolutely NOTHING.

Only in your opinion.

Personally, I hate the Colts' look. One of the first teams I would screw with, if they gave me the chance.

(Mmmwwhaaaahhhh-hah-hah!)

Ok, I'll admit I'm one of maybe..... oh, 5 fans out there that actually liked the blue pants. (yes, I know GASP!)

I like them, as well.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

Count me as one who thinks the Colts need an update.

At the very least, add a second helmet stripe so the helmet is consistent with the jersey and pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived