Forgettable sports teams

FiddySicks

Kansas City for NFL, MLB and MLS. My sports crazy son says, "Who?" when I mention the Chiefs or Royals. It's not that they have never mattered rather that they haven't mattered in awhile.

And to cut you guys off at the pass, the Texans, Astros and Rockets are at least interesting failures right now. Next season is when they'll all boring failures.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panthers is a good choice, so would be the Phoenix Coyotes.

NBA Memphis Grizzlies without a doubt

MLB Pittsburgh Pirates and Kansas City Royals

NFL Detroit Lions

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Florida Panthers are the most irrelevant team in all of major sport. No team surpasses them when it comes to simply not mattering. They were irrelevant when they went to the Cup finals, and it's only become worse since then.

Q: Who Is The Most Irrelevant Team in Sports?

A: Florida Panthers

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The Lions were recently 0-16 so they got a lot of attention for that as did the Pirates for setting the consecutive losing seasons record. The Coyotes have been relevant with their current financial situation.

I posted in the NHL thread that I saw the Florida Panthers last night in person and I didn't know any of their players. They are my pick for the most irrelevant team in all of sports.

NBA: Charlotte Bobcats

NFL: I have a hard time picking any NFL team as irrelevant, but if I had to choose I'd say the Houston Texans

MLB: As of late, the Baltimore Orioles never seem to do anything of note and being in that division doesn't help either.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Kansas City for NFL, MLB and MLS. My sports crazy son says, "Who?" when I mention the Chiefs or Royals.

They're Royals are known for being terrible, and have the reigning Cy Young Winner in Greinke. The Chiefs made the playoffs only 3 short years ago, and made big news trading for Matt Cassel this offseason.

NBA: Grizzlies, without a doubt. Let's just say this: The Memphis Tigers are probably the hotter ticket in town, and they play college basketball. There are many fans who keep their allegiances with their hometown team when they move to another city. If a Grizzlies fan moves to another city, they just pick up a new team. Plus you hear almost next-to-nothing about the Grizzlies, even on NBATV.

MLB: I would say the Pirates, but IMO their fanbase is just dormant. Let the Pirates even get close to winning again, I guarantee that there will be a huge number of Pirates fans coming out...so that leaves the Royals. Other than that World Series that they won in 1985, they've been extremely MEH. I mean, they've had a few bad years lately, but before then they had some "Eh," years.

NFL: IMO, it's a toss up between the Chiefs & Bills. At least the Bills still had the 90s to relive. The Chiefs, IMO, are most famous for being the AFL team that won the final AFL/NFL Super Bowl & not much else, and that team that Joe Montana went to after he left the Niners. I'm sure this would all be different if just one of those Schottenheimer-coached teams actually lived up to their potential in the playoffs. Plus, the Chiefs have never been just hilariously bad. They've just been there.

NHL: Panthers, & they're probably the most irrelevant in major sports. There have been so many stories just on here about people in South Florida not even knowing that there was a hockey team down there other than the Lightning and that's just on here. At least they have an Eastern Conference Championship win & a Stanley Cup Final appearance so that they won't be completely invisible in the history books of North American pro sports.

so would be the Phoenix Coyotes.

NFL Detroit Lions

The Coyotes have been in the press non-stop the last year or so because of the Balsillie fiasco. Same goes for the Lions with their historic run to 0-16.

Kansas City for NFL, MLB and MLS. My sports crazy son says, "Who?" when I mention the Chiefs or Royals.

They're Royals are known for being terrible, and have the reigning Cy Young Winner in Greinke. The Chiefs made the playoffs only 3 short years ago, and made big news trading for Matt Cassel this offseason.

I see some of the same names keep popping up in this thread...some being legit "contenders", if you will.

How about a team NO ONE in here outside of possibly Bucfan56 would think of? Sure, they had a nice little run a couple years ago, but that fizzled fast. Now, no one talks about them, not even ESPN (and that's saying something). Sure, they may be relevant in their city, since they're the only big show in that town, but outside of that, I seriously doubt you'll find any of that team's merchandise, or any fans--fairweather, bandwagon, or otherwise. To add to that, I'd have to go back and read through it again, but I can about bet there's nary a mention of the team in the NBA Season Thread.

That team? The Sacramento Kings.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It's a great topic, and one that can be debated until the cows come home. If I go back 25 years and cast my vote, I'd have to say:

NBA: Vancouver/Memphis Grizzlies

NFL: Detroit Lions

MLB: Milwaukee Brewers (with KC a close second)

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

NBA - Sacramento Kings

I barely knew this team even existed before the Webber years. Since they're in the gutter again, it's just a matter of time before the team finds yet another city to call home.

MLB - Milwaukee Brewers

The Brewers have been around for 40 years now, and they've won ONE division title. ONE. Plus, Milwaukee is just as much of a "Cubs town" as it is a "Brewers town".

NHL - Phoenix Coyotes

ZERO Stanley Cup Finals in thirty years. Come to think of it, has the Coyotes/Jets franchise even made a Conference Final??

NFL - Cleveland Browns

Since joining the league ten years ago, I can't recall the Browns winning, or even playing in a "big game". The NFL wouldda been better off giving the '99 expansion franchise to L.A.

6uXNWAo.png

Florida Panthers, Florida Panthers, Florida Panthers. No team comes close to their level of invisibility. There's not even any sense in rattling off one from each league. They have this all to themselves.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

NBA: Sacramento Kings/Minnesota Timberwolves

Both teams were some of the most dominant in the late 90's early 00's in the Regular Season but trading of stars and rebuilding have caused these teams to fall from the top of the NBA ladder and only the Kings have shown signs of life this season.

MLB: Montreal Expos/Washington Nationals

It was a sad day when the 'Pos left, only one playoff appearance albeit in the NLCS the threat of moving was all the talk in Montreal since the 1994 Strike season where they we're the unofficial best team when MLB stopped work, then the constant talk about a Stadium that never got built, playing a quarter of your home games in San Juan. Then the move to Washington and its no better this is the worst MLB Franchise ever to play so don't feel so bad if you’re a Pirate fan.

NHL: Florida Panthers

Longest drought of not making the playoffs in the NHL, all of there once great talent now in habit the Northwest Division (Thanks!) and talk of trading the one star player they have in Nathan Horton doesn't help the cause.

NFL: Cleveland Browns

A team with a very long history hasn't had much to celebrate in the days since the Super Bowl era began, The Drive, The Move then the New Browns begin with a hopeful young QB by the name of Tim Couch, this team has never had a stable Quaterback to lead the team and things don't look they'll be improving any time soon.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I don't know about you, but what about the Redskins? To me, they've just become very boring. They have been very average recently and are getting worse. I know they have Dan Snyder spending hella lot of money, but I've always though of them as the worst team in the NFC East in recent year. I know people will disagree, but I just can't really remember them doing that well(I didn't grow up when they were good). Also what about Seattle? When they had Alexander and were winning, they were noticed. Now that they don't win as much, they are just kind of there, not really having an identity of sort on the field.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived