NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

Find an adjective better than "gay." Then maybe you can be a real grownup worthy of posting on this forum.

sorry my fault i had just posted that after seeing all my old highschool buddies and thats how we talk so sorry if that offended neone i should have said it is a big mistake to change their logo because they old one is better

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Find an adjective better than "gay." Then maybe you can be a real grownup worthy of posting on this forum.

What you don't realize is that when he used the term"gay" he was going back to the original definition of the term meaning, "happy". :P:D

Anyone else think this would've been a better choice for the Flyers?

orangeflyersedge.jpg

No

I really like with what they went with. So far I'm liking most of the new alts that we've seen. I love the fact that teams are switching back to older styles for their thirds.

orangeflyersedge.jpg

Yes.

The orange will become the Flyers' most-popular option but it will be impractical to make them the primary since they are throwbacks and not similar to the other two sets. If they would have used Korbyn's design, that wouldn't be an issue.

All according to uni watch http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=nhl

Here is the list of when the jerseys will debut

Blackhawks Nov. 3 Third jersey will supposedly be black.

Canucks Nov. 15 A return to the stick/rink throwback design.

Coyotes Nov. 28 Lots of chatter about a black jersey with this logo.

Flyers Nov. 28 Reportedly an orange throwback.

Islanders Nov. 1 Look for an old-school throwback.

Kings Nov. 22 Predominantly black jersey with this logo.

Lightning Nov. 26 Potentially revolutionary move, as word is that the team will wear a blue jersey with a nickname wordmark.

Stars Nov. 18 White with a simple black insignia -- essentially a reverse-field version of their home jersey.

Senators Nov. 22 According to HockeyBuzz.com's Howard Berger: "A predominantly black uniform with the word 'SENS' angled upward on the front." Yikes.

Sharks Nov. 22 The Icethetics blog is reporting a black jersey with the team's full-body shark logo.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Just caught the Oilers third retros in action. They remind me how ugly those uniforms are. I know there are a lot of good memories associated with those uniforms but they are bright and gaudy and are something that should stay in the 80's and early 90's. The 97-07 Oilers uniforms that featured navy and copper are the best uniforms the Oilers have worn design wise. They were much more eye pleasing that the 80's uniforms.

orangeflyersedge.jpg

Yes.

The orange will become the Flyers' most-popular option but it will be impractical to make them the primary since they are throwbacks and not similar to the other two sets. If they would have used Korbyn's design, that wouldn't be an issue.

Not my design just one I had saved on my computer from another designer that I liked.

Wish they would use it.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

A little something from the small details department:

The Kings have added a white outline to the numbers on their black jerseys, making them triple-layer, silver-purple-white. Previously, the white jersey was the only one with triple-layer numbers.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You know looking at that 3rd flyers jersey makes me mad, cause its clearly possible the flyers could've just kept their design.

http://nhluniforms.com/1990s/Images/Flyers6.gif

This right here was the most perfect set ever.

Black jersey as the 3rd, and the orange as the main.

Also I saw the oilers, and I dont have too much memories of those jerseys (I'm 23, was never a hardcore hockey fan) and gotta admit those are great looking.

Pics of the Oilers:

capt.3e4a045f395046a8b9cb9308cf65e618.avalanche_oilers_hockey_edm104.jpg

Gosh that's beautiful. I might have to get me two jerseys lol.

I just notice as well that the L.A Kings have a double outline for the numbers ( its silver, purple, silver ). For minor change its not bad.

But back to topic the Oliers look great, too bad they couldn't go back to that as well.

4kv29i.jpg

orangeflyersedge.jpg

Yes.

Not my design just one I had saved on my computer from another designer that I liked.

Wish they would use it.

Sorry about that. But, yeah, I wish they'd use that one. Using throwbacks as alts is lazy.

Pics of the Oilers:

capt.3e4a045f395046a8b9cb9308cf65e618.avalanche_oilers_hockey_edm104.jpg

Those are great. Blue and orange is really quite a vibrant color scheme. It's too bad it's not used more often, it would make the league much more colorful. I'm wondering if Oiler fans would sincerely love to ressurect this look full time.

orangeflyersedge.jpg

Yes.

I'm also for it.

You know since everybody seems to be anti-black (jerseys of course), why not go from one extreme to another? What if the team simply threw away their black jersey and used this @ home, while not touching their other two? The Flyers would have enough orange in their look to satisfy their fans for a long time.

orangeflyersedge.jpg

Yes.

I'm also for it.

You know since everybody seems to be anti-black (jerseys of course), why not go from one extreme to another? What if the team simply threw away their black jersey and used this @ home, while not touching their other two? The Flyers would have enough orange in their look to satisfy their fans for a long time.

Now that's what I'd love. I've always thought that Flyers looked better in orange than in black.

Archived