NCAA Basketball

Billy B

I sure as hell don't feel sorry for Syracuse. They keep falling into the same pickle and, one year, they ran the table and won the Big East tourny. You can't expect to do this every year and be good.

Now, that we have 12 teams in, I ask this question: Is there any of those teams already in that worry you as a fan of your team? (In simpler terms: Which team you fear the most)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that anyone cares about the Women's game here,but it's still a freaking HUGE upset, 3-27 Colorado State women's team beat the #1 seeded 27-3 Utah in the quarterfinals of the Mountain West Conference Tournament.

Not that anyone cares about the Women's game here,but it's still a freaking HUGE upset, 3-27 Colorado State women's team beat the #1 seeded 27-3 Utah in the quarterfinals of the Mountain West Conference Tournament.

Well there goes my bracket.

....along with Oz's man-card....

Between the Mets choking, Jets sucking, Islanders sucking, and now Syracuse hoops missing the tourny again, all I gotta say is thank god for Cornell and Princeton hockey (granted the Big Red need to run the table in the ECAC Tourny and the Tigers need some things to fall into place to get to the NCAAs) and lacrosse (and Cornell hoops now I guess) and that the 2008 MLB Season's a few weeks away

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Between the Mets choking, Jets sucking, Islanders sucking, and now Syracuse hoops missing the tourny again, all I gotta say is thank god for Cornell and Princeton hockey (granted the Big Red need to run the table in the ECAC Tourny and the Tigers need some things to fall into place to get to the NCAAs) and lacrosse (and Cornell hoops now I guess) and that the 2008 MLB Season's a few weeks away

Same here but im used to it.

Orioles blow, Sabres are falling apart, Bills may move, Niagara, SBU, Canisius, Cuse, UB all missed NCAA's. At least I enojy the tourney w/o any team to root for.

Hopefully we get a few good games in the first round

saBS.png

I can relate to the whole "my teams are sucking thing." The Hawks are playing their worst basketball at the worst time, the Thrashers are trying to recover from a fatal freefall, the Falcons are the Falcons, and worst of all, as soon as I start watching the Blackhawks, they start to stink. The only pro team I can count on are the Braves.

But thank God for college sports and Mississippi State! Football team won the Liberty Bowl last year, and the basketball team's a lock for the tourney, and are primed for a surprise run at the SEC Tourney Crown. Go State!

In a WTF Moment:

Alabama currently leads Florida 42-16 with 3:03 left in the first half.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Illinois upset Penn State today with a last second layup. Next up, Purdue. If they can pull off three more wins I will be amazed, but anything can happen. Illinois has never missed the tournament since I started following college basketball, and I don't want this to be the year.

And a lot of the big schools that are on the bubble have been losing. That may open up the door for some mid-majors on the bubble to sneak in.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

There was talk, earlier this year, of the Atlantic-10 getting five bids this year. Is it possible that if Xavier wins this tournament that they might only get one, what with UMass blowing an 18-point lead to Charlotte just now?

LvZYtbZ.png

This will be interesting will they give Florida a shot just because they won the last two NCAA Tournaments or will they properly decided they are not worthy of a bid.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This will be interesting will they give Florida a shot just because they won the last two NCAA Tournaments or will they properly decided they are not worthy of a bid.

IIRC most, if not all of, that crew graduated after last season. That should not factor into the decision making process.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

THREE upsets in the Big East tournament:

* No. 5 West Virginia 78, No. 4 Connecticut 72

* No. 7 Pittsburgh 76, No. 2 Louisville 69 (OT)

* No. 6 Marquette 89, No. 3 Notre Dame 79

And some good action tonight:

* No. 1 Georgetown vs. No. 5 West Virginia

* No. 6 Marquette vs. No. 7 Pittsburgh

I'm picking 8 teams for the Big East if Pitt can win the Big East tournament.

What helps Florida is that a lot of other "bubble teams" have lost their initial tournament games, also.

As a Marquette fan, that was the perfect scenario, now if we can just get by Pitt...

What helps Florida is that a lot of other "bubble teams" have lost their initial tournament games, also.

Eh...IMO they were out after that loss to Kentucky over the weekend. They might have played their way back into it by going on a run in the SEC tourney, but that didn't happen.

Shinyhubcaps-who is Big East team #8 (or 7) as you seem to think Pitt is autobid or bust.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

As a Marquette fan, that was the perfect scenario, now if we can just get by Pitt...

Dont worry, you probably will. I feel 100% confident that this year's Pitt team is just another version of the overrated-early-season-domination-of-nobody-colleges-subpar-when-getting-into-late-season-conference-play-against-good-teams-and-choking-when-it-matters-not-making-it-past-or-even-to-the-sweet-16 Pitt team its been for the past almost 8 years.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived