Arena Rafters & Banners

1 hour ago, GrayJ12 said:

spacer.png

Why don't you make the jersey the mid 90's one Shaq wore instead of the modern day one? I hate when teams do this.

Yeah while I am glad Orlando FINALLY did it, they screwed it up by going with the wrong jersey in general

• Like 1

On 2/14/2024 at 8:28 AM, GrayJ12 said:

spacer.png

Why don't you make the jersey the mid 90's one Shaq wore instead of the modern day one? I hate when teams do this.

The Sabres did this with their Ryan Miller banner. Miller wore black and red for the first couple years of his Sabres tenure, and navy blue and gold for the last couple. Either would have been fine for his banner. Instead they made his banner royal blue and gold, which he only wore for a few games as an alternate and once in a Winter Classic.

UbA0sUp.jpg

23 hours ago, cdreed said:

Lakers show how it's done right.... Including Shaq's........

spacer.png

That was a recent change though. They previously used a generic font for all the retired numbers.

spacer.png

On 2/19/2024 at 9:35 AM, Luigi74 said:

The Pens also updated the Briere and Lemieux banners to match Jagr's.

I always loved banners that resemble the jerseys, so I'll miss that about the old ones, but the consistency of these is nice. With two (maybe three or four) more numbers going up there in the next decade, I get the move.

The Pens have redesigned their banners multiple times in recent decades. The Stanley Cup banners alone have been redesigned twice. I wonder where all the old ones have gone. The original triple banner design for the 91 and 92 cups was awesome.

oBIgzrL.png

I thought the Flyers did a smart thing a few years ago by putting the player's picture on an otherwise generic banner.  That way, the banners could be consistent without any worry about what uniform the player wore or what number font (not that it's an issue with the Flyers, but is for other clubs.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-iWV0cAkbv1hkPH2Py3X
  6417a_lg.jpegPHI103214_a_lg.jpeg

They've since standardized them to match the current uniform:

86010552cee74039_original.jpeg?height=60

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 3 weeks later...

philies are not giving out a pennant to fans on opening day, which shows that they're not going to hang a lame-ass wild-card pennant like some lame-ass teams do.  This would have been the first opportunity they had to do so, as they've never made the playoffs and not won some championship along the way.  Pleasantly relieved by this.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Interesting that its orientation is horizontal rather than vertical. Looks less... official, somehow?

Any other teams do that?

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

I’ve never been more ashamed of the Phillies. Literally celebrating losing (the powder blue wild card flag). Was certain they wouldn’t pull this crap. 

9TpQPPD_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=gr

On 3/28/2024 at 6:29 PM, GrayJ12 said:

As far as championship banners go I have to give this one a big fat F. It looks like the kind of banner the team throws on the outside of the stadium immediately after winning just to have something to celebrate. The Rangers didnt even come up with a design. They just took the copy/paste art that MLB created for the 2023 World Series Champions. They could have added a border or something to personalize it. In this video you cant even make out what year they are celebrating. Hopefully the gold contrasts better in person. How much you want to bet that the banner is blank on the backside so all the fans in the right field bleachers see either a white banner or a reverse image.