Arena Rafters & Banners

Here's the retired number that makes the least sense to me:

Miami Heat

* 23 - Michael Jordan, G, Contributions

Ugh, one of the most thoughtless retired numbers out there. That just wreaks of publicity stunt. Seriously, no team should ever retire a player's number who never even played for them (heck, I'm even opposed to teams who move and change identities retiring numbers from their far past).

I'll be there, and will try to take some pics.

I really hope they keep the tri-banner design for the two cups.

It depends on what this "standardization" is. If it is just making them all the "new" gold, then maybe they'll keep it. Unfortunately, my guess is that since the two banners from last season can't be displayed in the same multi-banner format, that they're "standardizing" by making them all individual. It's a shame, because the tri-banner thing looked pretty darn cool.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

when is the Penguin's opening night?

I want to see their banner go up...

Tomorrow night.

Im pretty sure the banners wont go up, but already be up. If it was just the division and conference ones, they would, but since its those, new versions of the 8 current ones, and 3 other new ones, it would have to be one huge raising. (then again...that would be a pretty awesome sight, now that I think about it.)

oBIgzrL.png

Tomorrow night.

Im pretty sure the banners wont go up, but already be up. If it was just the division and conference ones, they would, but since its those, new versions of the 8 current ones, and 3 other new ones, it would have to be one huge raising. (then again...that would be a pretty awesome sight, now that I think about it.)

....I did not know the Pens were replacing all of their banners. Updated designs? Or were they just old and rotting, like the Oilers?

Tomorrow night.

....I did not know the Pens were replacing all of their banners. Updated designs? Or were they just old and rotting, like the Oilers?

Just updating designs, and stardardizing them. The old ones, and new ones like them, are good IMO and there was no reason to change, but, eh, whatever.

Like I said before, as long as they keep the old tri-banner design for the two cup wins, Ill be happy.

oBIgzrL.png

From what I have seen so far on TV, the Penguins new banners aren't too hot.

But I'm not entirely sure, as they haven't had a straight shot on them yet. The list banners are mainly Vegas Gold with black and white stripes at the top and bottom, along with a Penguins logo and NHL logo at the bottom. The conference banners are all black, with gold and white stripes at the top and bottom, with the corresponding logo at the bottom. Meaning, banners for the 90's teams have the pidgeon. However, I'm not sure if they use athletic gold or vegas gold on those banners.

From what I'm seeing now, the cup banners are white, with black and gold stripes. They sort of have the triple championship thing going on, it seems. Again, it wasn't a clear shot on TV.