Arena Rafters & Banners

Don't the Rockies have a division championship banner or two? Where are those?

They did at one point have the 96 wild card winner banner on the outfield wall but have since removed it....

the last time I remember it there was in 2003

The Rockies have yet to win a Division title. They had a "1995 Wild Card Champions" banner painted onto the wall in left from 95 till somewhere near 2004. Supposedly it was taken down at Clint Hurdle's request, because he didn't want the team celebrating mediocrity. Which is kind of absurd, in my book, because the 95 Rox were in first place in the division until there was about a week left in the season, and led the NL in hits and home runs both. I think that, since there is only one Wild Card per league per year, it's a feat to be celebrated. The word "Champion" is probably too strong for it, but I think it should at least be recognized.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

The Phillies now just hang flags that state the year something was won (*points to sig*). They are color coded to represent the highest championship won that year. So for example for 1980, there is just one red banner that reads 1980, despite the fact that they also won the NL East and NL Pennant that season. I don't like this, because now that it is possible to win your league and WS without winning your division, you can't just assume all of the lower-level championships. I think that they should do like NBA and NHL teams and (despite the redundancy) hang one flag per championship, regardless of season. Hey - it's the Phillies - it's not like we're talking about that many flags!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

The banners hanging at Magness Arena for the University of Denver.

04670016.jpg

The banners hanging at the World Arena for Colorado College.

PC290006.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

I got to play a few games at Magness in a tournament a few years ago. Quite the nice place.

Oh, and I learned that playing hockey at a mile high sucks if you're not used to it. Jeebus.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

53121975.jpg

It makes me sick to think what they're going to do when they hang Sakic's 19 from the rafters at the Pepsi Center in the next couple of years.

They obviously can't use the simulated mountain peaks with silver and blue lining. Maybe they'll be all white with blue piping up the middle

It makes me sick to think what they're going to do when they hang Sakic's 19 from the rafters at the Pepsi Center in the next couple of years.

They obviously can't use the simulated mountain peaks with silver and blue lining. Maybe they'll be all white with blue piping up the middle

I wish they could just keep the zigzags...he'll have played most of his years in that jersey anyway.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

I do recall seeing the Diamondbacks ones...but sadly I can not find the images any longer. Apparently they have gone with their simple A logos and placed the year in which they won the world series, nl west and the national league pennant.

If anyone has that, that would be good....

53121975.jpg

Why not?

• 1 month later...
Neat topic...
Neat Topic
Neat Topic...

Why must you constantly necro this thread?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Neat Topic...

Stop. Now.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)