Logo And Uniform Prototypes

AsM29

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And finally, the Yankees had new prototype road uniforms in 1974:

pMLB2-3975793dt.jpg

Fortunately, PR Director Marty Appel convinced Gabe Paul that ditching the road grays for all-navy was a bad idea.

I'm not sure if you're joking or serious, but I don't think I have to even say that that's a current Yanks jersey. Unless you just photoshopped that one cuz you didn't take the time to look for an older pic...

Has this Carolina Panthers prototype been covered yet?

2186044428_6576705557_o.jpg

And the infamous Denver Bears strike zone prototypes.

DenverBearsCohen1952.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Hey guys I caught something for the Dodgers that really got my attention. It appears after looking at some old pictures of the annonced move to Los Angeles that the Dodgers were possible to used a different "LA" emblem on thier caps. It looks to me like its in the old MLB Tuscan font and the "L" is seemingly red with the "A" white and the two are interlocked in the same way the current "LA" is. It is featured in last photo of the photo gallery on Walter O' Malley's hall of fame page. All I can provide is a link to his page as the HOF uses flash player for their photo galleries so I cant paste it here. Check it out and tell me what ya think?

http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/hofers/d...playerId=545114

Great catch! I wonder if that was seriously considered? Or just thrown together once the move was announced?

and 5 Dragons' logos (im not sure if thats all of em):

charlottedragonskd5.gif

The far right logo looked mighty familiar to me. Then I realized that it was the avatar of that Nick dude that pretended to be a girl and got banned. I wonder if he gave credit where it was due? (And if it's been mentioned before, I apologize for going over the issue again ^_^ )

That may have been the logo he used in his avatar. IIRC, he did credit the source... only after being called out about it.

Here's his avatar.

Dragon.gif

The interesting thing is that the avatar was actually the logo his character used it the ill-fated Chris Creamer Wrestling Federation.

VmWIn6B.png

And finally, the Yankees had new prototype road uniforms in 1974:

pMLB2-3975793dt.jpg

Fortunately, PR Director Marty Appel convinced Gabe Paul that ditching the road grays for all-navy was a bad idea.

I'm not sure if you're joking or serious, but I don't think I have to even say that that's a current Yanks jersey. Unless you just photoshopped that one cuz you didn't take the time to look for an older pic...

No photos have ever been released, so far as I know. The prototype has never surfaced. It never got as far as a public unveiling, and the general absence of blogs in 1974 meant that the organization could actually keep a secret. If Marty Appel hadn't decided to write a book, the whole plan might never have been known outside a handful of people.

You're right - that's a modern fashion jersey in the same style as the Yankees' proposed road makeover. Subtract the MLB logo at the collar and change the tags, however, and it gives you a very good idea of what they would have looked like. Available now, and even on sale. If you're into historical "What if?"s.

These are Buffalo Bills prototype jerseys where they were going to use the other 'B' Logo in the design. I was told that it was a secondary logo but the more I look at the current helmet and striping patterns and how it doesn't really 'jive' well, the more I think that the team wanted this as a primary logo.

5548_1.jpg

60d3_1.jpg

I think perhaps at one point in time it almost was. I had an old JCPenney catalog that sold NFL Jerseys in it and to show what teams they had jerseys for, they have on the bottom a logo for each team and that is the logo it features for Buffalo. I wish I still had the catalog but I swear thats the logo it had for the Bills. I just remember seeing it and being baffled that they had a different logo and I showed my dad and he thought the same thing.

That was definitely going to be a secondary logo - I've got the Style Guide for that prototype uniform and logos (in vector even), and that logo was designated as a "Secondary Mark". It was also going to be placed on the right pant leg. The helmets were to be the same as the current design.

Since that logo can only face in one direction, you couldn't put it on the helmet unless you either reversed the "B", or just placed it on one side (a la Pittsburgh).

That was definitely going to be a secondary logo - I've got the Style Guide for that prototype uniform and logos (in vector even), and that logo was designated as a "Secondary Mark". It was also going to be placed on the right pant leg. The helmets were to be the same as the current design.

Since that logo can only face in one direction, you couldn't put it on the helmet unless you either reversed the "B", or just placed it on one side (a la Pittsburgh).

Would you mind posting a picture of the uniforms?

Here's another Jaguar prototype:

cf32_1.JPG.jpg

And here's a speculated design for Baltimore's attempted expansion team before the Ravens arrived:

bombers%20proto.jpg

Is that a prototype facemask as well? I don't think i've ever seen it.

I run a youth football league and we have alot of these facemasks on our Schutt Youth Recruit helmets.

These are Buffalo Bills prototype jerseys where they were going to use the other 'B' Logo in the design. I was told that it was a secondary logo but the more I look at the current helmet and striping patterns and how it doesn't really 'jive' well, the more I think that the team wanted this as a primary logo.

5548_1.jpg

60d3_1.jpg

I think perhaps at one point in time it almost was. I had an old JCPenney catalog that sold NFL Jerseys in it and to show what teams they had jerseys for, they have on the bottom a logo for each team and that is the logo it features for Buffalo. I wish I still had the catalog but I swear thats the logo it had for the Bills. I just remember seeing it and being baffled that they had a different logo and I showed my dad and he thought the same thing.

Yeah, good point about it only being a one sided secondary logo...

Here is the RBK hat that I bought and found from some bootleg eBayer a few years back...

b_hat.jpg

The Bills looks like the Buffaslug

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Technically the Falcons logo is one sided, but that doesn't stop them from flipping it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived