NFL-League Wide Jersey Patch

capsfan1000

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am NOT looking forward to seeing that eyesore for the next 17 weeks. If that makes me insensitive, so be it. Upshaw seems like a great guy, but that patch is unnecessary.

no ****,and the fact that Titans have the 10th anniversary patch this year,it's too damn much.

Wow that thing is big. Here's what it looks like along with a captain's patch. Looking forward to seeing what the Jets captains look like on Sunday since they wear their logo patch where the Upshaw patch is being worn by the Giants and Skins. i don't even want to think about when the Jets wear their Super Bowl III 40th anniversary patches later this season.

52748e2c737d6bac37d1c21c32d1af0b-getty-81706221mh025_washington_re.jpg

mets.png

Helmet decal would have sufficed.

Also, how about reserving the area above the name plate for these memorial patches? The team logos don't look great there anyway. If the patch is for your player / owner, then put it wherever you want. If it's a league-wide thing, then put it on the back above the nameplate.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's way too big.

And for 16 weeks?

What happens if the commissioner (god forbid) would pass? Black uniforms for everyone?

An equestrian statue, draped in black, would be erected at the middle of the 50 yard line of every NFL stadium.

Needless to say, playing on the field might be a little harder with the new obstacle.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Where did the Redskins put their captain patches when this was going on last year,

2007-12-06-portis-450.jpg

Skins did not utilize the captains patch last year. This year is the first for use by the Redskins. Gibbs would name different captains prior to game time each week.....making it impossible to attach a patch to those players

When former NFL Commissioner Pete Rozelle died in December 1996, it was just before Super Bowl XXXI. All players on both the Packers and Patriots wore small decall on the back of their helmets to mark the passing. It was an NFL shield with the name "Pete" written across it. It was subtle. it was simple, it was for one game, and it was to the point.

Now Rozelle did a hell of a lot more for the game of football and the NFL than Upshaw could ever had hoped for. Personally, I still cannot understand why Upshaw was allowed to continue his job because quite frankly I think he did an extremely poor job throughout. I can site numerous examples as I'm sure many of you could. This doesn't mean he was a bad person, but I really don't see what all this pomp and circumstance is for someone whose career legacy was questionable at best. I figure if Rozelle's tribute was good enough for him, then Upshaw's tribute should be about the same to be fair.

It seems nowadays whenever someone accomplishes something or in this case passes on, they seem to be bound and determined to outdo themselves in tribute, and honestly it's getting out of hand. Hell at this size for the patch and the field mark they could have put his whole name, life span and position on it and people would still have been able to read it. Upshaw might have been a nice in guy in real life, but in any event whether you agree with me or believe he did an outstanding job, nobody deserves this kind of attention.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I didn't even know what the patch was for while watching the game. I had the sound off.

On a side note about the captain's patches, the NFL polled me about the captain's patches via email. The tone was like do you know what this patch stands for, and what the stars stand for? Maybe they are thinking of dumping it. But, disturbingly they asked if fans should vote on who wears the captain's patch. Odd. How many people really care who the captains of an NFL team are each year?

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Archived