Winter Classic Layout, Ticket Prices Announced

Sodboy13

Well, it appears that you can either sit close and see nothing, or sit far away, pay a lot more, and see very little.

6.jpg

What a horrid layout - will there be a single seat in the park with a desirable sightline? And, might I remind you, there are no video screens at Wrigley. Also, if you decide to go balls-out and lay down $325 a seat for the upper deck, it is entirely possible you will be watching the game from behind a pole.

I was geeked for this and ready to lay down some cash for tickets. But after seeing how this is set up - not so much.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

wow, you would think they would set up some sort of temporary grand stands parallel to the rink in the outfield. this...this is brutal.

why wouldn't they just have it at soldier field?? does the 'mystique' of wrigley really make up for the horrible sightlines?

wow, you would think they would set up some sort of temporary grand stands parallel to the rink in the outfield. this...this is brutal.

why wouldn't they just have it at soldier field?? does the 'mystique' of wrigley really make up for the horrible sightlines?

The guys at Soldier Field didn't want to go through all the work of having a hockey game then a potential Bears game back to back. They figured it'd be easier at Wrigley.

But yeah, when I saw where they'd be putting the rink, I figured they'd put some temporary bleachers up in the outfield or something...I guess that's not the case.

Having been to Wrigley those seats in the upper deck will probably give a good view. It's a small staium so you aren't that far away from the action. Then again those are themost expensive seats.

By the way the rinks should go home plate to outfiels not first to third.

Being that last year's WC was constantly on the brink of disaster, I have a bad feeling that this year's might not be so good. I really hope and pray that everything goes well and it's another huge success because it's an awesome idea, but if the experience is bad for people at the game you can be sure ESPN will be all over it.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

What a horrid layout - will there be a single seat in the park with a desirable sightline? And, might I remind you, there are no video screens at Wrigley.

Two things. 1) Yes, following the old Bears layout (along the third base line) would have been much better. 2) They will bring in a temporary video replay board just for this game. It could prove a test cast to a future video board on a roof-top across the street from Wrigley during baseball season.

Moose

Wow, that's a terrible layout. I noticed the close seats (orange) also say Youth Hockey. Are those only reserved for teams and such?

Yes, because the seats there are so flat, the kids are really only going to see heads and shoulders skating around above the boards.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'd think you'd also have the same obstructed view problem in the $225 sections as well. I was at a Cubs game this summer and sat close enough to a pole to have it be annoying and that was at $40. I wouldn't want to pay $225 or $325 to sit next to a pole even if it is at Wrigley Field.

Having been to Wrigley those seats in the upper deck will probably give a good view. It's a small staium so you aren't that far away from the action. Then again those are themost expensive seats.

By the way the rinks should go home plate to outfiels not first to third.

The main reason they're going first to third I would assume is for the cameras to be set up in the press box and would give a better view

2IA3b.png

The best set up for this would be with one side (bench side) parallel down the third base line with one end up against the wall of first base. Why is it I, a novice can figure this out and none of the so-called professionals can?

The best set up for this would be with one side (bench side) parallel down the third base line with one end up against the wall of first base. Why is it I, a novice can figure this out and none of the so-called professionals can?

Because you're a novice and a professional isn't only thinking of the the in-stadium audience when that is only .02% of who will actually witness the game. They were trying to get the best sight lines for the game when it is on TV, which believe it or not will be bigger than you think and much bigger than the crowd that will witness this in the stadium.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It looks like the best seats will be...

at home on the couch! :D

Still, I'd love to be there and grab a $75 seat and be a part of it.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I don't understand what the placement of the rink has to do with TV viewership.

When the Lightning played in the Trop the sight lines in the rink were good AND it looked fine on TV. So what's the problem with setting it up along the foul line and putting temporary seating on the other side of the rink?

• 1 month later...

If this is anything like a Cubs game people aren't going to care about seeing anything. Half the crowd is showing up because its the cool thing to do, the other half will be so drunk they won't remember anything anyway.

(Just kidding Cubs fans! Wrigley is my favorite place to watch the Pirates lose.)

Archived