Bye Bye Dome

BJBerthiaume

As you may or may not know, next Saturday is the last ever Gopher football game at the Metrodome. 2009 is also the last ever Minnesota Twins season in the Dome. All it's got left is the Vikes.

Share your favorite and least favorite Metrodome memories here, from Kirby to Duante, to Maroney and Barber, to the Super Bowl, to the Final Four. Whether you like it or not, it's a pretty historic venue...

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

*placeholder post for youtube of Metrodome's demolition.*

:P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

My favorite Metrodome moment has to be the 1998 NFC title game. Morton Anderson kicking the Atlanta Falcons into the Super Bowl. They were a fun team to watch & I loved the Dirty Bird dance.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

My favorite Metrodome moment has to be the 1998 NFC title game. Morton Anderson kicking the Atlanta Falcons into the Super Bowl. They were a fun team to watch & I loved the Dirty Bird dance.

I did not think that of all people to beat me to posting that, it would be you. That's awesome. lmao.

And I guess it goes without saying that that's my favorite Metrodome moment. I guess number two would be that Randy Moss lateral he pulled off in one game. That was amazing.

1991 World Series. Kirby Puckett "And we'll see you tomorrow night!" and the 10-inning gem by Jack Morris.

And although the Braves didn't win that World Series, I will remember that as the first time I knew John Smoltz was going to be something special. All time leader in post season!!

- As a Packer fan I'm gonna say Brett Favre getting the touchdown record

- Adrian Peterson breaking the single game rushing record

But of course

91' World Series Game 6/7 nothing tops it really even though i was still really young when this happened

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

This is easily my favorite memory. I was in the Gophers student section with my friends who went to Minnesota, proudly wearing my red shirt as I was pummeled with the inflatable axes that had been handed out at the game.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

1991 World Series. Kirby Puckett "And we'll see you tomorrow night!" and the 10-inning gem by Jack Morris.

What a classic call. One of the greatest moments in the building's history. I also have tremendous respect for the stadium crew as their are videos on youtube of them going from football to baseball to football to baseball all in one weekend.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

It's not like the Dome is being demolished. The Twins have a full season left, and the Vikings don't have a plan in place to play anywhere else.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Gerald Williams's RBI single in the 6th inning of a 5-3 Mets loss to Minnesota in June of 2004...

OK seriously, it was Penn State getting a gift call in 2006 that saved them from an embarrassing loss as they used a phantom pass interference late in the game to keep a drive alive and eventually beat the Gophers...

And a runner up, the Jets went in there in '94 to beat the Vikings and secure me a winning week in my dad's then-office pool that I played as a 9 year old. $200 when you're 9 is about equivalent to being a millionaire...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived