Vikings Throwbacks

Bmac

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are up 17-7, the Vikings that is, as I read through all these posts.

And while I agree that the helmet doesn't match the jersey color, these uniforms are far nicer than the current set in my opinion. I grew up in the 70s and remember when the Vikings were always winning the NFC Central, and those classic unis they had for a long time.

I also do not care for the purple pants look, but I am clearly in the minority when it comes to that.

Watching the Vikings throwbacks on TV you can't tell me that the helmets aren't a different shade of purple than the jerseys are. The helmets are darker.
Why are people excited to see the old Vikings uniforms? I personally feel that they were just too boring, besides the helmet doesn't even match the color of the jersey.

Exactly guys. Exactly.

6fQjS3M.png

That jersey is so perfect, I didn't even notice they were wearing them until the end of the first quarter.

They are just so "right".

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Why are people excited to see the old Vikings uniforms? I personally feel that they were just too boring, besides the helmet doesn't even match the color of the jersey.

Boring? And this coming from a Cleveland Browns fan? Hello Pot! Yes, the kettle is black and so are you! :P

Boring? And this coming from a Cleveland Browns fan? Hello Pot! Yes, the kettle is black and so are you! :P

No kidding. Not that The Browns uniforms are boring. Just that a Browns fan should have more sense.

BB52Big.jpg

Nope... its not working. Listen, I'm a bigger "old time vikings" fan than anybody, but that old style sleeve stripe DOES NOT work on the new jersey cut. Especially on linemen it looks like garbage. If the NFL mandated half-length jersey sleeves, this would be a great look, but as is... seriously, it isn't working.

Plus the new helmet horn makes this old one look really... unfinished.

beautiful uniforms. playing outdoors on grass would make them even better. the mismatch helmet doesnt bother me much. very similar to the rams' or giants old unis. the lighting in the dome makes it look worse than it really is. id like to see the jersey a bit darker rather than metallic paint on the helmet. it looks so sissy on the vikings. love em though. thats what football looks like.

seeing the throwbacks was a nice change for me, but the horn looks like crap compared to what they have now. Updates can be a good thing

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

I'd prefer that the Vikings go back to the white jerseys with the vertical stripes, and introduce a matching purple version to complement it. I'd also prefer that Gus Frerotte didn't flop on the ground like a sally after he was lightly brushed while backpedaling. Oh well.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

seeing the throwbacks was a nice change for me, but the horn looks like crap compared to what they have now. Updates can be a good thing

I think they blew it with the new horns. the shading should be gray or a bit more subtle. the black just looks like a blob. the problem with the throwback horns is that they're not big enough, but modern facemasks probably wouldn't permit it.

I'm for the Culpepper era unis. The new ones are too "jazzed up" and the throwbacks are too old without a number outline and the gray mask.

I agree.

I would love the new unis if...

(1) They kept the shoulder stripes that look like horns, but ditched the white on the side panels.

(2) They simplified the pants stripes, maybe to a swoosh or something.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

I'm for the Culpepper era unis. The new ones are too "jazzed up" and the throwbacks are too old without a number outline and the gray mask.

I agree. The lack of number outline is my primary problem with the 1980s. (For the 1970s, add the gray facemask).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived