Plaxico Burress Shoots Himself

njmeadowlanders

Well, you know what that is? Poppycock. And do you know what poppycock is? Do you? I was hoping you did because I was kinda wondering myself.

poppycock.jpg

Well, it appears to be sort of an upscale version of Crunch 'N' Munch, and I have no idea what that has to do with the topic at hand.

I would have guessed it was fluffier, as in "full of fluff".

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see no reason why Plaxico shouldn't get the mandatory three and a half year prison sentence for carrying an unregistered gun. Apparently, Ahmad Bradshaw was with them and was already on probation; he's not allowed to be anywhere that serves alcohol. Looks like Plaxico, Pierce and Bradshaw are all screwed, law wise, at least, I hope.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I see no reason why Plaxico shouldn't get the mandatory three and a half year prison sentence for carrying an unregistered gun. Apparently, Ahmad Bradshaw was with them and was already on probation; he's not allowed to be anywhere that serves alcohol. Looks like Plaxico, Pierce and Bradshaw are all screwed, law wise, at least, I hope.

I think you might be right. They all deserve to do the time.

And then the Wrath of Roger when they're done - these fellas are in a spot of bother.

I'm for gun control, but being that it currently isn't illegal, I don't have a problem with an athlete carying a gun. None of us know what it's like to have a target on you everywhere you go because of your 10s of millions of dollars. The need for protection just comes with the territory.

HOWEVUH, I do agree that if the arms aren't registered or if everything isn't handled according to the law, that there are consequences that must be paid.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

But that's the point - it is illegal.

If he's afraid for his safety, there are three very simple and legal solutions:

1. Get a NYC concealed-carry permit;

2. Hire professional security who are licensed to carry; or

3. Don't go to the clubs.

Right... and if he did #1, then I wouldn't have an issue with it. I think all the people who are foaming at the mouth to call the guy a thug are foolish, because they can't possibly imagine the things that pro atheletes have to be concerned about when leaving their house. #2 is also an OK solution, but I disagree with #3. Maybe watch which clubs you go in to, but you shouldn't have to be denied of certain things just because you've been successful and earned a ton of money.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

* Getting special treatment at New York-Cornell Hospital, where he gave his name as Harris Smith, saying he'd been shot at an Applebee's restaurant. Nonetheless, hospital workers recognized him as Plaxico Burress, sources said, and the gunshot was not reported, as required by law.

Wow. This story gets wilder and wilder by the second. now they're investigating the hospital for not reporting the shot.

Plax will get probation.

Pierce might be in a spot as well because he tried to stash the firearm (that's called obstruction of justice, kids).

Plax will be released by the Giants and most likely suspended by the NFL for a year.

Depending on what the law does, Pierce might face anywhere from a four-game to a one-year suspension.

Plaxico went from beloved player who caught the Super Bowl winning touchdown, who undressed Al Harris in the NFC Championship, who played gamely on a gimpy ankle all last season, to pariah in the New York-Metro area and beyond. Sad.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

But that's the point - it is illegal.

If he's afraid for his safety, there are three very simple and legal solutions:

1. Get a NYC concealed-carry permit;

2. Hire professional security who are licensed to carry; or

3. Don't go to the clubs.

Right... and if he did #1, then I wouldn't have an issue with it. I think all the people who are foaming at the mouth to call the guy a thug are foolish, because they can't possibly imagine the things that pro atheletes have to be concerned about when leaving their house. #2 is also an OK solution, but I disagree with #3. Maybe watch which clubs you go in to, but you shouldn't have to be denied of certain things just because you've been successful and earned a ton of money.

Life isn't fair.

Anybody who becomes a public figure loses the ability to lead a normal life. Certain things will always be denied because of it.

He made a choice to play football. He made the choice to become a celebrity. He has to live with the consequences of that choice, which includes a lack of anonymity. That will limit the things he can do. Heck, we've seen how it limits his ability to lie to hospital personnel. :P

* Getting special treatment at New York-Cornell Hospital, where he gave his name as Harris Smith, saying he'd been shot at an Applebee's restaurant. Nonetheless, hospital workers recognized him as Plaxico Burress, sources said, and the gunshot was not reported, as required by law.

Wow. This story gets wilder and wilder by the second. now they're investigating the hospital for not reporting the shot.

Well, telling someone that you were shot at an Applebee's would be the first sign that something sounds suspicious... right?

I saw, I came, I left.

Well, telling someone that you were shot at an Applebee's would be the first sign that something sounds suspicious... right?

Yeah, like anybody would believe that.

Harris Smith: Yeah, they said I didn't pay for my House Sirloin w/ endless fries. I tried to pull out the receipt and WOOPSY DAISY!

Harris Smith, meet Ron Mexico. ^_^

And yes, NFL Shop already has a block on customized #17 Smith Giants jerseys.

6uXNWAo.png

Hey, sh** gets wild sometimes when Riblets are involved.

And Flame, that's friggin' hysterical.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I thought Applebee's was too low class for New York. He should have said he was at a Black Friday sale.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

He should have said he was at a Black Friday sale.

Racist.

(edited for sarcastic clarity)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As a pro athlete, he could have always claimed he was shot in a botched robbery attempt. It's not like the cops ever catch those guys anyway.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The Applebee's by my house isn't rough like that.

He also has two last names. Harris?

Last month, I pulled out the ol' Smith & Wesson on the waiter for not bringing my take-home container in a timely manner.....

That was you! Man I was having a rough night that night. Seems Tifini the assistant manager had me sing 6 birthday songs before I could return with your take home boxes. I am sorry! :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived