Plaxico Burress Shoots Himself

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Doctor is the least excusable too

Plax was stupid.

Pierce was helping a friend

The Doctor was not a friend and broke her professional contract.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think I'm more annoyed with the doctor that falsified and concealed the incident than Shooty McSweatpants the man himself.

As am I.

It seems as though there were multiple crimes committed that night.

The doctor also probably violated the rules of professional conduct. Nice to know that lawyers aren't the only ones without ethics. B)

The Doctor is the least excusable too

Plax was stupid.

Pierce was helping a friend

The Doctor was not a friend and broke her professional contract.

Probably a fan, thought she was helping him out.

I'm not willing to excuse anybody just because he obstructed justice for a friend (and there's no excuse whatsoever for Plax).

Personally, I'd like to see them all face some music. Looks like Pierce will testify in exchange for a deal, and the doctor will probably escape with sanctions.

• 8 months later...

Update: WBBM Radio (Chicago) reports Burress has plead guilty, and will serve a 2-year prison term.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So shooting youself will get you 2 years, but drinking and driving and killing someone else will get you 30 days. Got to love our justice system.

I'm not saying Burress didn't deserve time; however Stallworth should have gone to jail for longer especially more than 2 years.

So shooting youself will get you 2 years, but drinking and driving and killing someone else will get you 30 days. Got to love our justice system.

I'm not saying Burress didn't deserve time; however Stallworth should have gone to jail for longer especially more than 2 years.

Not personally attacking you, but I detest this argument.

Different crimes, different locations, different foci on prosecution...and look at Stallworth's OTHER punishments, not just the 30 days.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'm guessing the other punishment you are talking about is the 1 year suspension from the NFL. He still got off way to easy. If he wanted to, Stallworth could find other work. It might not be NFL salary type work but he could get a job. I'm sure he could be a receivers coach at a small college. Regardless of that, he killed a man and only got 30 days.

Sure the crimes and locations are different. But 30 days (with or without the NFL suspension) is complete b.s.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I'm guessing the other punishment you are talking about is the 1 year suspension from the NFL. He still got off way to easy. If he wanted to, Stallworth could find other work. It might not be NFL salary type work but he could get a job. I'm sure he could be a receivers coach at a small college. Regardless of that, he killed a man and only got 30 days.

Sure the crimes and locations are different. But 30 days (with or without the NFL suspension) is complete b.s.

-Dan

And your guess would be wrong. Maybe I should have said other CRIMINAL punishment...I wasn't even thinking about the NFL.

1,000 hours of community service

2 years of house arrest

8 years probation

Lifetime suspension of his driving privileges

And though it wasn't a punishment, per se...he did financially compensate the victim's family

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Again...the DUI was being punished for Stallworth more than the vehicular manslaughter, because that guy would have been hit regardless of the BAC of the driver.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Couldn't have said it better myself. Or you can mix in Michael Vick who also got a lighter sentence for something that was worse than just fooling around with a loaded gun. For those reasons I feel somewhat sorry for the sentense Plax recieved, but at the same time, they guy's gotta know better. Dumbass.

6uXNWAo.png

-Dan

And your guess would be wrong. Maybe I should have said other CRIMINAL punishment...I wasn't even thinking about the NFL.

2 years of house arrest

8 years probation

And though it wasn't a punishment, per se...he did financially compensate the victim's family

Ok I was wrong. I'd take that deal if it only meant 30 days of jail.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

-Dan

2 years of house arrest

8 years probation

Ok I was wrong. I'd take that deal if it only meant 30 days of jail.

I'd take it too...especially when he could have been facing a 15-year stretch (max sentence for 2nd degree manslaughter in Florida), but I just want the entire story to be told instead of whatever is most convenient for some whacked out argument.

I'm not going to compare apples and oranges by bringing up the sentences of Stallworth or Vick. I am just going to say that I think Burress got screwed in this deal. The circumstances of the crime have to come into play somewhere in the process. It's not like he was trying to shoot someone else and shot himself instead. It was stupid and yeah he should have obeyed the law but still isn't two years is an awful lot for having his head up is ass?

Does anyone know if NY has some sort of mandatory minimum sentence on this deal?

BB52Big.jpg

I'm not going to compare apples and oranges by bringing up the sentences of Stallworth or Vick. I am just going to say that I think Burress got screwed in this deal. The circumstances of the crime have to come into play somewhere in the process. It's not like he was trying to shoot someone else and shot himself instead. It was stupid and yeah he should have obeyed the law but still isn't two years is an awful lot for having his head up is ass?

Does anyone know if NY has some sort of mandatory minimum sentence on this deal?

The mandatory sentence if convicted by a jury is 3 1/2 years I believe. So he plead down and got less than that.

Archived