2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Local news doing a story on the Majestic plant right now. Kind of interesting. Actually, not really.

Also:

Article about the imbalance in baseball, and how it benefited the Yankees and Phillies this season, at the expense of Cleveland:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillies_zone/The_rich_get_richer_the_poor_getCarlos_Carrasco.html

Also 2.0:

A-Rod?s keys to the series:

?Power is a big weapon for both teams??..Two Hall of Fame shortstops, and two great leaders.?

Jimmy Rollins? Dude won an MVP, and is certainly one of the best of the decade, but HOF? Come on.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't even realize the Phillies and Yankees played in the 1950 World Series. That was Jamie Moyer's rookie season, correct?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

It doesn't matter. New Yorkers, by and large, are just really bad people. Philadelphians, on the other hand, are good people. I heard there was a mugging and a killing in New York, but I just saw on the news how people in Philadelphia are getting ready to start collecting coats for the needy for the winter. That's all you need to know right there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So have you spent time in the badlands recently I hear that is the place to be in Philadelphia.

I heard the badlands are for those who've had a notion, a notion deep inside.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Philadelphia is full of awful people and is a dirty, grimey place. The whole city looks and feels like it is covered in a thin filmy layer of grime. Between the two, New York is by far the better city.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

espn.com is calling this world series the battle for the team of the decade. Give me a break.

That was my reaction when I saw the headline. After I read the article, however, it's really not that far-fetched. Honestly, the Yankees are probably the team of this decade. Yes, they haven't won the whole she-bang since 2000, but they've been in the title picture every year. This series doesn't lend itself to that title as easily as the '99 Series between the Braves and Yankees, but it's not totally off the mark.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Woman arrested for trying to prostitute herself for tix.

Honestly, I'd bang anything I could to get tickets, and not have to risk getting arrested for sneaking in again like last year.

With the price these things are going for, I'm not sure what kinds of freaky-ass things she was offering to do to get these tix. A hooker would have to invent stuff that even I've never even thought of in order to get me to give up a piece of gold like one of these tickets.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4603180

Woman arrested for trying to prostitute herself for tix.

Honestly, I'd bang anything I could to get tickets, and not have to risk getting arrested for sneaking in again like last year.

With the price these things are going for, I'm not sure what kinds of freaky-ass things she was offering to do to get these tix. A hooker would have to invent stuff that even I've never even thought of in order to get me to give up a piece of gold like one of these tickets.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4603180

Here she is:

susan-finkelstein300225.jpg

Archived