2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id like to congratulate the Yankees, as a fan of theirs since birth... IM SO FRICKIN HAPPY!!!!

So you're only a month old?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So $200 million can get you a World Series championship.....

Took the words right out of my mouth, I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Great way to start off a new tradition in the new staduim.

What is old is new again.

4kv29i.jpg

Hahahahahahahaha, so many Yankee fans are giving me crap about them winning the World Series. It's irritating the hell out of them when I say "Yeah, congrats" to them.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Waited nine years to see them win again. I'm lucky having seen them win seven times in my lifetime. My dad who was a Brooklyn Dodgers then a Mets fan has only seen the team he roots for win three times. Every title is is always sweet to see. I'm happy, now time to recharge and go for 28.

This sucks, I wish I didn't have to leave my room for the next week, all the bandwagon Yankee fans wont be able to shut up about it.

lol, that's the thing. I've got no problems with the Yankees themselves winning it all. People like to get on them for doing a lot of spending and want to say that they bought the championship, but the team that they have now (aside from Tex, A-Rod and CC) is basically homegrown. I say that the Yanks finally put the money to good use, and they're getting what they paid for. Plus, A-Rod finally getting a ring will put all of that hating to rest, I hope. He's too good of a player for fans of his own team to be killing him like they wre. But, it's all good. #27 for dem Yanks, congrats!

But yeah, I could live without the bandwagon fans claiming to be there since birth that just now learned who actually plays for them, instead of jumping on the wagon just because they win a lot & Jay-Z wears the hat all of the time. :P

So yeah, to the for real Yankee fans, congrats on your team winning another 'ship. To the bandwagon fans, I'm sure you enjoyed your Lakers and Steelers winning so this is all ho-hum to you now, huh. :D

Hey Tanker, as a Mets fan, what hurts more?... Watching the Phils win the Series, or the Yanks? :P

Never understood why Mets fans think they have a rivalry with the Yankees, besides the obvious that they play in the same city.

So $200 million can get you a World Series championship.....

WAAAHHHHHHH JEALOUS MUCH?

What would he be jealous of? He never said that was the reason they won.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Waited nine years to see them win again. I'm lucky having seen them win seven times in my lifetime. My dad who was a Brooklyn Dodgers then a Mets fan has only seen the team he roots for win three times. Every title is is always sweet to see. I'm happy, now time to recharge and go for 28.

Not sure how it feels to see multiple championships, since in my 32 years I can only remember one. I just know that nothing, not even if they won it this year, would ever top the feeling of being in the middle of the city celebrating with seemingly hundreds of thousands of fans, and then the parade, which drew over 2 million people. Of course I want to see them win more, but at the same time, the fact that they may not just makes last season even more special, and that's kind of cool in a weird way. I'm not going to lie - I'm probably not as disappointed as I should be right now. Don't get me wrong - I was pulling for them as hard as I could, but I just don't feel the hurt that I probably would have if they had failed last year.

I also don't get how "fans" of these teams in middle America that don't have any ties to the cities or teams can be "so excited" about this. Nothing can compare to the feeling of all the energy in a city where seemingly everyone is united and pulling for the team (and the subsequent party), and where you have all the media coverage and hoopla.

Anyway, great series, though I can't seem to feel like the Phillies came up small in a couple of games that they really had the opportunity to take. Both of these teams are too strong to beat if you're not on your game, and unfortunately the Phillies were off more often than the Yankees. There was no stopping Matsui either.

All of the obvious holes on the Phillies were exposed in this series. As strong as Pedro Feliz is defensively (he's close to amazing IMO), he brings nothing to the table offensively. They don't necessarily need a guy like A Rod there, but they certainly need more. Also, probably most importantly, the bench sucks. When Ben Fransisco is your DH, and all you have left is Matt Stairs, Greg Dobbs, and Eric Bruntlett, you have problems. The starters were worn down by the end of the season because they couldn't get any days off since there was no support on the bench. That has to be addressed. Also, Cole "I can't wait for this season to be over" Hamels needs to get a set of testicles and cut this Mickey Mouse baby stuff out. Also, Lidge needs to rebound, Romero needs to be healthy, they need another lefty to replace Eyre, and a new starter in the rotation. Maybe Kyle Drabek can step up, but I don't think they'll even give him the chance, so there's an opening in the rotation.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived