Lions uniform changes

Proc

Does any other NFL team use similar colours? Only Carolina, and they use black over blue as opposed to the Lions' blue over black. Plus the Panthers use a different shade of blue.

And, the Panthers use a different shade of Black.

:P

No kidding.

The Silver's the same though.

No kidding?

Learn something new every day. B)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like black is staying... ugh. I thought they would get rid of it. Oh well... if it looks great, why bother getting upset, right?

Black as an accent is fine, as long as we're spared a black alt jersey.

and there are so few teams that use black as an accent color...

oh, wait.

And?

Black highlights aren't bad on their own. It's how they're used that matters. The current Lions' unis suck, not because they include black, but because they feature black "tacked on" without any attempt to integrate it into the uniforms, inconsistent striping, and an unneeded black alternate.

If the Lions have managed to both fix those problems and keep black and a highlight colour, then awesome.

That's true enough, in theory. But in reality, when you see something over and over it just becomes tired. Now, when a team adds black or navy as a trim color, it doesn't even matter how well its done... that's a secondary concern, at best. My first thought is just "again?"... the lack of originality trumps everything else. That might not be fair, but its the way it is, in my opinion only, not others', necessarily.

Fixed that for ya.

Did you read the part where i said "My first thought is..."? I thought that would imply to most people that I was giving an opinion. That, and the fact that this is a MESSAGE BOARD... you know, where people post their opinions?

But, hey, I thank "ya" for fixing it for me.

Any day in which I can rummage through these boards instead of working is a good day.

Any day in which I can rummage through these boards instead of working and have Spinal Tap staring back at me is an excellent day.

Sigs are for sissies.

Hey guys NFL Network has a FA ticker on Total Access on the right side of the screen. They have team logos every once in a while listing notable FA signings for the teams . They showed the Lions logo and it looks different there are highlights on it that make it look much more defined. Could this be the new logo or just graphics that the network are messing around with?

Hey guys NFL Network has a FA ticker on Total Access on the right side of the screen. They have team logos every once in a while listing notable FA signings for the teams . They showed the Lions logo and it looks different there are highlights on it that make it look much more defined. Could this be the new logo or just graphics that the network are messing around with?

That's just an effect the network is applying to all the team logos.

Thanks for playing, though.

It's probably just a coincidence (spring is coming after all) but my local Meijer here in Michigan (a Walmart type franchise) has just put most of its Lions gear on a massive discount (%70 off). After this past season there certainly is plenty of it around.

I talked to someone from one of the Lions boards and he has seen the new Lions logo and says it does'nt look all that different but it did solve the problem team president Tom Lewand had with the old logo that of it looking like an ink blot"Rorshcach Test". Same basic profile a little more detail for Bubbles added white lines for more definition. Very interested to see it.

New Bubbles = bubbles.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

New Bubbles = 24-433~Trailer-Park-Boys-Bubbles-Posters.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's probably just a coincidence (spring is coming after all) but my local Meijer here in Michigan (a Walmart type franchise) has just put most of its Lions gear on a massive discount (%70 off). After this past season there certainly is plenty of it around.

Nevermind

New Bubbles =

Best. Show. Ever.

Agreed completely. I never saw it when it was first run, but I got the DVDs of the entire series and have been watching them for the past few weeks. I'm down to the last two episodes of season 5, and I'm depressed as hell because after I'm done with those, there's no more left, and I'll have to find a new meaning for my life.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not bad. I prefered these ones over it:

fde4ed4ae15138b233c5773c.jpg

ff87c46aaf77a8408eb71434.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Detroit News posted the winner in its Lions logo contest.

Detroit News Lions Logo Contest Winner(s)

Winning entry:LionsWinningLogo.jpg

Is that NFL logo supposed to be part of the design, or what? I guess for a contest open to anyone, it's not horrible, but definitely not up to professional sports par. The beveling looks off, and where the lion meets the text, it looks really strange...it could "flow" better. And the thick black outline needs to go, or at least be toned down. Not bad, I guess, for a bunch of :censored: amateurs.

...but they're amateurs.

Archived