Lions uniform changes

Proc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not bad. I prefered these ones over it:

fde4ed4ae15138b233c5773c.jpg

ff87c46aaf77a8408eb71434.jpg

I would've chosen both of those in the contest over the winner, especially the top one. The winner looks like a lower tier college athletic logo. Also, the way the top part of his body intersects with the script makes it look like the L is his back leg and it looks funny. I do love the top logo with the background stripes as an updated version of the old logo.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Detroit News posted the winner in its Lions logo contest.

Detroit News Lions Logo Contest Winner(s)

Winning entry:LionsWinningLogo.jpg

Is that NFL logo supposed to be part of the design, or what? I guess for a contest open to anyone, it's not horrible, but definitely not up to professional sports par. The beveling looks off, and where the lion meets the text, it looks really strange...it could "flow" better. And the thick black outline needs to go, or at least be toned down. Not bad, I guess, for a bunch of :censored: amateurs.

...but they're amateurs.

This logo is a ripoff of a school, I believe is in California.

afe4a1dde74b926ac0d52e53.jpg

This guy looks like Drooper from the Banana Splits

Man...I loved the Banana Splits...

Me, too. Let's all sing the theme song, shall we? La-la-la, la-la-la-la.

Okay, we've all now officially dated ourselves.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

afe4a1dde74b926ac0d52e53.jpg

This guy looks like Drooper from the Banana Splits

Man...I loved the Banana Splits...

Me, too. Let's all sing the theme song, shall we? La-la-la, la-la-la-la.

Okay, we've all now officially dated ourselves.

You can still watch The Banana Splits on Boomerang early Saturday and Sunday Mornings.

I have the theme song downloaded onto iTunes.

How did you know that was mine? :blink:

1. Color outside of the lines,

2. White space in the design,

3. You used four colors and a separate one for the facemask,

4. That's not a lion that's a chipmunk WTF.

philly.png

After reviewing all of the entries, I think that for the most part it's fairly clear that there are three rough categories that most of these entries fall into.

1. Entries done by graphic designers. (amateurs, for the most part, but clearly graphic designers)

2. Entries done my "people that can draw" etc.

3. Entries done by children.

I would like to propose the following: Take a few minutes and scan through all of the entries, paying attention to the CONCEPTS and the ideas. NOT the execution, but the thought behind them. THEN address the following:

First: I submit to you that the concepts behind the entries that were either done by children or those done by people that like to draw, are at LEAST as inspired as those that were clearly produced by graphic designers.

Second: As much as we gripe about the lack of quality results when a team changes logos, is there a way to bridge the gap between the people with the good ideas and the people that can execute them?

PS, don't send the "But they are amateurs! " notes. I realize that they weren't going to receive submissions from reputable sports logo designers, however the point is, that some of the concepts are as good as (or better than) what some of the big boys have cranked out in the last few years, just without the polish.

BroncosSig.jpg

How did you know that was mine? :blink:

1. Color outside of the lines,

2. White space in the design,

3. You used four colors and a separate one for the facemask,

4. That's not a lion that's a chipmunk WTF.

True, but there is one key aspect, or lack thereof, that leads one to believe that it is indeed NOT patsox's design...

It wasn't done in MS Paint.

Archived