Lions uniform changes

Proc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ColorWerx, how have you seen the new stuff?

Ancient Chinese secret...

^_^

Please don't come here with anything you can't prove.

Everyone point and laugh at Captain Apollo.

Won't laugh, but will say that whatever Werx/Pantone says it's pretty much gospel

Point and laugh if you like, but I have seen no proof.

If you saw the words Werx posted then you saw proof. You think he spent forever building up his reputation to fool us on something this tiny? Nah.

You've been around since 03/05. You ought to have seen enough proof by now to know that he knows what he's talking about. Don't let the new name fool you - he's the poster formerly known as Pantone. And he's got the goods.

Ordinarily, I'm with you. Don't trust posts on a message board without confirmation. But in this case, his rep is confirmation enough.

For the record, I would NEVER act like I've seen stuff that I actually haven't. It goes against my nature. For example, I hadn't seen nor heard anything about the NHL third jerseys prior to them being unveiled, so I certainly wasn't about to make some crap up. Yes, I have the new modified logosheets for four of the 2009 NFL teams (one of them is so minor, you wouldn't know it was a change, and doesn't actually affect the uniforms), but unlike some people who have been on here in the past, I'm not about to spill the beans on something that hasn't been officially unveiled yet.

I don't have unveiling dates, but since it sounds like some morons out there have already slipped up and posted some stuff, I thought I'd at least re-assure some of you who are anticipating the worst with the new Lions' designs.

Point and laugh if you like, but I have seen no proof.

Why are you even questioning? Do you want him to get in trouble for posting a logo that hasn't even been released? When there are people here that say he is the real deal, don't get your panties in a bunch

Colorwerx always give us small hints/teases/riddles as to what he's seen. And he's always right when it comes to teams changing. I really don't understand why anyone who's been on this board for years would doubt him.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

For the record, I would NEVER act like I've seen stuff that I actually haven't. It goes against my nature. For example, I hadn't seen nor heard anything about the NHL third jerseys prior to them being unveiled, so I certainly wasn't about to make some crap up. Yes, I have the new modified logosheets for four of the 2009 NFL teams (one of them is so minor, you wouldn't know it was a change, and doesn't actually affect the uniforms), but unlike some people who have been on here in the past, I'm not about to spill the beans on something that hasn't been officially unveiled yet.

I don't have unveiling dates, but since it sounds like some morons out there have already slipped up and posted some stuff, I thought I'd at least re-assure some of you who are anticipating the worst with the new Lions' designs.

Really? :suspect:

And yes... I am anticipating the worst. But if you say they are an upgrade, then in ColorWerx I trust. :upside:

I really can't reveal too much, but the Lions aren't going to look like the Cardinals, Falcons, or Vikings.

However, IMO - they're going to look great.

I love their new look.

(Can you say striping consistency?)

OK... based on the above, plus other info here's my official guess (GUESS, I said!)...

Alright, apparently the logo is getting a Cards/Eagles/Vikings "evolution" update. That'll work, probably, though I was hoping for a return of the 50's heraldic lion with the 2 bars... not expecting, but hoping. Also, the black is staying. That's too bad... it was a MUCH cleaner and more original color scheme without it... especially the throwback blue and silver version, but I guess dropping the black would seem to them to be admitting adding it was a mistake. IMO it was.

Anyway, striping consistency probably means helmet, pants, AND jersey (probably doesn't mean sox, these days, too bad)... maybe a re-proportioned version of the current pants stripe... black/blue/white/blue/black. What would be great is an asymmetrical Georgia Bulldog's stripe of Black/white/blue... could be NICE. If the jersey stripe matches, it'll be smaller... maybe small enough to be placed into a cuff at the end of the sleeve ala Dolphins/Chiefs/Redskins. If so, and if the TV numbers stay up on the shoulders as the surely will, that frees up the sleeve for a logo. A secondary logo would be great, but if they're debuting a refurbished Bubbles, chances are they'd feature it on the sleeve as well as the helmet. Finally, I'd bet anything we'll see a unique number font replace the current standard block. As always, whether that's a good idea or not depends completely on what font is designed.

As I said, these are outta my head guesses... I live in Detroit currently, but I haven't been hovering around Allen Park. But how do you think I did?

I really can't reveal too much, but the Lions aren't going to look like the Cardinals, Falcons, or Vikings.

I love their new look.

THank **** for this. And god knows i've hated the unnecessary uni b.s. that's polluting the current Vikes, Cards, Falcs sets.

I love their new look.

THank **** for this. And god knows i've hated the unnecessary uni b.s. that's polluting the current Vikes, Cards, Falcs sets.

Yeah! Because piping is da debil! Grey face masks for every team! Bring back 1960!

I love their new look.

Yeah! Because piping is da debil! Grey face masks for every team! Bring back 1960!

Sounds good to me. Better than some flaming chicken logo and blocks of color, piping and assorted tomfoolery to make even the most garish CFL team designer blush...

Archived