2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

Dropped from rankings

#18 Notre Dame 1-1, #25 Missouri 2-0

Let 'em beat up on a cupcake school or two, and the Irish will be back in the Top 25 in no time!Just another reason why the current NCAA football system is an absolute joke.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a general observation, Miami has to be the only school to play home games with baseball dirt on their field.

Not sure if that was common in the past.

Well, other than the Oakland Raiders.

Zing!

VmWIn6B.png

So why must the local ABC affiliate show USC beat down Washington instead of Nebraska-Virginia Tech?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I feel bad for anybody who actually thought that Florida was really going to beat Tennessee by 30+ and bet on it. I guarantee that anybody who watched ESPN this week and took the pundits' words to heart probably lost a gang of money today. All I heard was "FLORIDA IZ GUNNA PUT UP 80 ON TENNESSEEE!!! LANE KIFFIN WILL LURN TO SHUT UP!!!!!"!!"

Yeah, unless it's Mississippi State, no SEC team will ever lose by that much to another SEC team. :P

All I have to say, is get use to being pounded by USC for another three years.

Washington apparently didn't read your post.

Honestly, this is the only "mandatory USC loss to a team that they shouldn't have lost to" loss that I saw coming. Backup QB + somewhat decent Washington team (they fought LSU hard last week) + crazy home field advantage that Washington has = L.

Also, lmao @ VT taking the lead in this game against Nebraska. Their offense has been PUTRID, yet they make two miracle plays and now they lead by 1 (maybe more depending on 2 point conversion) with 21 seconds left. Hilarious endings.

As a SC fan, the observation that I come up with from the loss is that Aaron Corp is terrible. He is the one who vented to the media about being pissed and shocked when Barkley got the start over him, and he's the one who kept pleading that he could handle starting after the leg injury. Well, guess what, Corp... you can't handle it. Corp came off like the little yippy dog who was pissed that he couldn't catch the car, and once he grabbed onto its bumper, he quickly realized that he couldn't do anything with it.

Also, Carroll's unwillingness to bench a QB killed them. Corp obviously couldn't handle it, he had Barkley and Mustain (why the hell he is always so low on the depth chart is beyond me) warming up in the 3rd quarter, yet he didn't pull the trigger on a move.

VmWIn6B.png

What a weekend already!

USC goes down.

Utah is losing with 2 minutes left.

Va Tech scores with 20 seconds left vs Nebraska.

Notre Dame is up 3 on Sparty.

Cal vs Minnesota was very entertaining.

And we haven't even had the Texas game yet!

Oh no, we're going to hear from Dustin about this

What a weekend already!

USC goes down.

Utah is losing with 2 minutes left.

Va Tech scores with 20 seconds left vs Nebraska.

Notre Dame is up 3 on Sparty.

Cal vs Minnesota was very entertaining.

And we haven't even had the Texas game yet!

Oh no, we're going to hear from Dustin about this

If he survives the heart attack that he no doubt had.

Damn right you guys are gonna hear me crow about this! This win has been a long, long, LONG time coming.

This win proves that U-Dub is back... But, it also shows that USC may want to get Barkley on the field ASAP because it seems Aaron Corp just cracked under the pressure in Seattle.

Enough of me talking about USC, because this is the Huskies' day. BOW DOWN TO WASHINGTON!

Archived